PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

With diligence, the PL could have started investigating when Der Spiegel first published their allegations in November 2018. But they were only allegations. There still hasn't been any "discovery of fraud". The failure of the PL to investigate in 2018 surely must count against them.
I wouldn't be surprised of they did nothing as they planned to pile on after the Cas verdict which they were told by Gill and Parry would be guilty. I seem to remember Tebas tweeting something about their rules having no time barring, this is all you need to know about the collaborating behind the scenes to nail us.Hopefully we confirm we are the Best Club in all the Land and all the World off the field as well.

I know I've said it before on this thread but for those that missed it, I find it funny that they didn't have concerns over our accounts going back to 2007 and 2008 when Shinawatra owned us. Not a chance the current ownership is anything like as dodgy as he was!
He was right when he said he had very rich friends though

I am thinking the question is, if the period starts in 2018 and the club is charged before 2024, then everything is open to judgment. But does that mean they can go back to the club's 1962 accounts, for example, if the press find something to investigate?

Not at all thinking about a club up the road and what they got up to when Ferguson was there ....
Wasn't 1962 when the rags were done for payments made under the table to players? And fined £5 000 ( when they'd just bought Dennis Law for £115 000?) I don't think that was a "minor", "technical" breach of the rules!

The Telegraph have an 'exclusive' that Forest have hired Nick De Marco to fight any attempt by the PL to charge them with breaking P&S limits. They are sailing close to the wind but seemingly they are confident that they will pass.

Similar situation to Chelsea as it's going to be close for them too.

The Telegraph have an 'exclusive' that Forest have hired Nick De Marco to fight any attempt by the PL to charge them with breaking P&S limits. They are sailing close to the wind but seemingly they are confident that they will pass.

Similar situation to Chelsea as it's going to be close for them too.
Maybe they've picked City in the PL power struggle, Everton did and got fucked for 10 points (way OTT).

From the 'toontastic' transfer forum...

"Hopefully Man City's FFP is settled out of court sooner rather than later and allows us to blow a massive hole in the FFP rules"

They also seem reasonably keen on trying to sign Kalvin...
They can still sign Phillips on loan

Is that true? Would love to know that it is ;-)
I can't guarantee it was 1962 but four clubs were done for it: Peterborough and (I think) Northampton Town were demoted from the old Second Division to the fourth, which was a draconian punishment, and the FA (or FL) announced that any clubs found to be in breach of the same regulation would be treated in the same way. Then it came to light that United and Derby County may have actually breached the same regulations in the same way. The investigation showed this to be the case but the punishments were, for some reason, not on the same scale. I add that Matt Busby had apparently agreed a deal with at least one player which involved illegal payments right at the start of his managerial career in 1945. This was never actually proven but a Blackburn Rovers official went to meet the player at the railway station, having already agreed a deal with him, but was ignored by the player, who walked off with Busby and later signed for the rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.