Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

There are new competitions being touted so that more money can be made, wages will go up and then players will play more games.

You're right that we would get more quality from refreshed well managed players but they are in it for the money IMHO, and why not?

Millionaire footballers who accept huge wages to play a sport we would love to play and have the power to say no I have little to no sympathy for, however if they stuck their heads out of their fancy cars and tried to do the right thing I would support them.
This is why Pep stresses the need for a root & branch review of football from the top level to the grass roots.

If there was no mid-season international football & no replays in the FA Cup, it'd go a long way to helping the situation.

If you look at it another way, if players are expected to be rinsed dry, can you blame them for putting a sky high price on their services? I would.

As I said a few weeks ago when a few posters were calling footballers pussies for complaining about being rinsed, citing themselves having to do 4 X 12 hours shifts of physical graft per week isn't comparable.

How many of them could play 3 times a week to the physical level expected of our players? They wouldn't last 20 minutes, so just like not being able to complete their shift work, they'd probably be facing the sack for not being up to the job.

It's not easy being a dedicated, top level sportsperson.

This is why Pep stresses the need for a root & branch review of football from the top level to the grass roots.

If there was no mid-season international football & no replays in the FA Cup, it'd go a long way to helping the situation.

If you look at it another way, if players are expected to be rinsed dry, can you blame them for putting a sky high price on their services? I would.

As I said a few weeks ago when a few posters were calling footballers pussies for complaining about being rinsed, citing themselves having to do 4 X 12 hours shifts of physical graft per week isn't comparable.

How many of them could play 3 times a week to the physical level expected of our players? They wouldn't last 20 minutes, so just like their shift work, they'd probably be facing the sack for not being up to the job.

It's not easy being a dedicated, top level sportsperson.

They are worth their value mate, I agree with you.

But you can't get in bed with the devil and then complain it's too hot.

Just had a look at the Toon match day thread on their forum. It’s like a carbon copy of here, but with added pro City bias moaning. The pages where Bobb scored. lol.
i'm on there as LondonBlue. a friendly lot but then i avoid anything to antagonise as i want to be able to chat. good rapport with a few of our new oil brothers.

They are worth their value mate, I agree with you.

But you can't get in bed with the devil and then complain it's too hot.
Imagine if your shift employer decided to increase your hours from 4 X 12 hour shifts per week to 6 X 12 hour shifts per week?

You'd have a choice. Accept it & the additional wages on offer, or go work for a smaller company on less wages, giving yourself more free time.

The Unions wouldn't have it.

Imagine if your shift employer decided to increase you hours from 4 X 12 hour shifts per week to 6 X 12 hour shifts per week?

You'd have a choice. Accept it & the additional wages on offer, or go work for a smaller company on less wages, giving yourself more free time.

The Unions wouldn't have it.

Again mate footballers are wealthy have power and should do something about it, the fact they aren't doing anything about it tells me they are in agreement with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.