PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's many City fans mind set these days, everything is a stitch up from the cup draws we don't get to the ones United do get. Referring decisions, order of premier league fixtures, commentary bias, media coverage bias, the list is literally endless.
The funny thing is that fans of opposing teams agree it's just that they think it's a stich up in our favour!
understandable, for many reasons, not confined to football and sport generally. Government, business, judicial anomalies, etc, things that affect populations, are proven to have agendas, why would football be different?
Apart from those privy to meetings, the public has to rely on what they read, the old "it must be true, it's in the papers", has still not gone away, despite the countless lies, plus, what's not reported is taken as evidence that it can't be true. The PO stitch-up just the latest case in point.
The carpet-bombing tactic of accusing City of 115 breaches could rebound on the prem, if many of them are proven to be baseless, it weakens their entire offensive, and if our legal bods forensicaly challenge each and every one of them, then the costs of the process could/would be in 8 figures, which definiely would cause a few arse-holes to twitch even for the FSG-backed prem. The "hateful eight" have painted themselves into a corner, in my humble opinion, a tame independent adjudicator their wild card.

My personal favourite in all this is the assertion that we have an unfair advantage in that we have expensive legal representation - Dame Dinenage - a Baroness no less, for services to the bleeding obvious and doing her job - and someone with form for condemning before a legal verdict, I think it was she, asked/intimated about whether is was fair we had expensive lawyers compared to "smaller clubs". So now premiership clubs can't afford decent legal advice and lawyers? Look at the transfer fees and salaries they pay - er I think they can. It appears, given the caution (for once from Masters - an inveterate gobshite) and the clear avoidance to anything with our case - that our lawyers are all over this and already earning their corn. How unfair of us to defend ourselves so well!!
Dineage should surely be asking the questions just like her Dad used to do:

“How”

One for the FOC’s.

is this a criminal case or a civil case? If it’s criminal the PL can look back as far as they want. If it’s not deemed any law breaking has taken place the limitations act kicks in at the point of discovery which is the Der Spiegal articles. I imagine this is probably what the back and forth with the Premier League is all about.
We've faced these accusations previously & were cleared, & we're now facing the same accusations again by a UEFA related party. Double jeopardy?

Last edited:
It's many City fans mind set these days, everything is a stitch up from the cup draws we don't get to the ones United do get. Referring decisions, order of premier league fixtures, commentary bias, media coverage bias, the list is literally endless.
The funny thing is that fans of opposing teams agree it's just that they think it's a stich up in our favour!

Some is good old fashioned paranoia but sometimes the paranoia is for good reason.

We’ve seen rule changes, bans, charges after blatant attempts to destroy us so sometimes people get carried away when they say they are out to get us & sometimes they are on the money.

My understanding of pages in the distant past is that we are being done for false accounting, fraud which is a criminal offence. So my question is why aren't the police and hmrc all over us, as surely PL have a duty to refer us at the onset of suspicion.
Nail on the head aside from fraud... What we're being accused of amounts to fraud, so why's that word never been used, & why hasn't the 'evidence' been handed over to the Plod & HMRC?

Even more curious is why neither have been in touch with the PL to request access to their 'evidence', & why neither have swooped on the Etihad, slapped the bracelets on Khaldoon & carted him off in a meat wagon?

Last edited:
Dame Dinenage - a Baroness no less, for services to the bleeding obvious and doing her job - and someone with form for condemning before a legal verdict, I think it was she, asked/intimated about whether is was fair we had expensive lawyers compared to "smaller clubs".
HOW! is she allowed to make such statements??

What's really upsetting in all of this is the collateral damage to our reputation.
Some of the comments I read are very upsetting and border line racist.
We are going to have to harness our inner 70s, 80s 90s spirit and not fold at name calling - whatever the knagaroo court outcome. We know what has happened here and what we have achieved - that's all that matters.
Ignore the jealousy and bitterness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.