PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I should add as well that there would be a good chance that the High Court may find that a "guilty" judgement at the IC might be found to have prejudiced any further consideration of the charges if based on grounds of reasonable doubt (just as some newspaper coverage of high profile events does) and conversely, if the IC reaches its decision on grounds of probability, City could argue that this also prejudiced further consideration because the IC had planted the seed that the evidence was not sufficiently convincing to establish guilt beyond all reasonable doubt!
My next little nag is that it sounds as though the info will only be released if agreed by both sides, so if we’re found not guilty, the PL could stop the reasoning being published, perpetuating our “guilt” with rival fans forever.

My next little nag is that it sounds as though the info will only be released if agreed by both sides, so if we’re found not guilty, the PL could stop the reasoning being published, perpetuating our “guilt” with rival fans forever.
Doesn't matter what happens, what the verdict is or what is or isn't published... rival fans will still say we're guilty

Let's just be cleared of all this and nothing else matters

STOP PRESS.
Telegraph announce that:
1. All charges dropped
2. New replacement catch all charge:
City charged with pissing off the redshirts by being innocent.
”This behaviour is totally disrespectful by City towards the most important clubs in the league.” said Masters.

My guess is that the PL never wanted to take it as far as this. Certainly ever since the CAS hearing as it appears that they don't have anything more in the way of evidence than UEFA had. An article in The Athletic (I know!) soon after we won at CAS made the point that the expectation was that the PL investigation would collapse off the back of that verdict. Yet it didn't and we have to ask ourselves why it didn't. Without knowing for sure, there's a huge whiff of the PL being railroaded into this by certain clubs and individuals.
I'd have to revisit the timeline but didn't Der Spiegel go digging and control F-ing through the emails again, a few opinion leaders and moral entrepreneurs got agitated in the British press, and influential stakeholders in the PL said "look, here is your evidence, go after the stuff that wasn't time barred, the evidence is right there, it's a slam dunk", and to appease those voices the PL agreed?

I think the media will rant on about dark forces interfering to ensure that City's cheating went unpunished is already well rehearsed.

in that case presumably both sides would make a final statement either together or joint. we just need that to be strong enough. something like "the panel found no evidence of wrong doing" would do for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.