PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

So effectively as I've mentioned a few times these Three people alone can ruin a £5 Billion company. Seems hard to believe if true.
It would be a minimum of 6 people - if City appealed, a new panel would be formed to hear that appeal.

Whether it’s 6,3 or even 1 is irrelevant though - these are serious people forming the panel and are not going to find in the PLs favour unless they prevent something explosive that City can’t defend.

But even if we examine the reality of a kangaroo court as people constantly panic about, say that what City put up is truly incontrovertible and the panel finds against the club anyway - off the record, City would be fucking delighted as it’s basically the only route outside of the PL environment to an external court which is where the club have always argued this should be handled.

So the PL are implicitly accusing BDO (world renowed auditors) of being either incompetent or complicit in false accounting. In addition they are implicitly accusing Etihad Airways accountants (KPMG and Deloitte) of being either incompetent or complicit in false accounting.
No they are not.

Auditors only review what is put infront of them.

It would be a minimum of 6 people - if City appealed, a new panel would be formed to hear that appeal.

Whether it’s 6,3 or even 1 is irrelevant though - these are serious people forming the panel and are not going to find in the PLs favour unless they prevent something explosive that City can’t defend.

But even if we examine the reality of a kangaroo court as people constantly panic about, say that what City put up is truly incontrovertible and the panel finds against the club anyway - off the record, City would be fucking delighted as it’s basically the only route outside of the PL environment to an external court which is where the club have always argued this should be handled.
Wow
Look who's back...!!
you must be bored ?
You still haven't told us who your team is ?

So for example if we looked at the Norwich accounts for one year and demanded precise details of how, when, why funds received from the Norfolk Turkey company ended up in the Norwich accounts. And let's say it transpires one of the directors of the Turkey company was a cousin of Delia Smith ! Bingo false accounting, disguised equity funding, throw the book at them.
Bootiful!

this was Everton's 3 man panel
David Phillips KC, judge Alan Greenwood and West Ham's ex-finance director Nick Igoe (who was CFO during their accounting scandal???)

I've no idea why Nick Igoe was allowed on the panel

Here's an interesting one about both City and Everton (but mostly Everton I guess). It's a cutting from May 1998 which basically compares City and Everton and says City’s future looks bright because the club is getting itself in shape for the future. It suggests Everton could learn from City – even though we were in the middle of their greatest descent in football history! To be frank, it was accurate and is something that maybe a few Evertonians need to be reminded of.

The article was published in the Liverpool Echo in May 1998

this was Everton's 3 man panel
David Phillips KC, judge Alan Greenwood and West Ham's ex-finance director Nick Igoe (who was CFO during their accounting scandal???)

I've no idea why Nick Igoe was allowed on the panel
When Utd and LFC had their match fixing scandal United's solicitor was on the panel investigating United! He found the club did nothing wrong and never bothered to interview key people because he 'trusted them'. Football hey?

I go into a lot of detail about it in an article I wrote a while back for subscribers to my website:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.