Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

I would always prefer a high level of security over ease of access for a large capacity sporting / entertainment event prime for a potentially terrorist attack.
It depends how they approach it. I have a young girl with a wheelchair and the new jobsworth at the turnstile yesterday was rude and obviously felt she had some power over us just mere fans. I was told by another steward that they now have a new boss who has lots of new changes in the pipeline. I won't say what he thought about it.

I think you’ll find any terrorist attack would happen outside the stadium with the amount of people stood in the queues waiting to go into the stadium. Terroists mainly strike outdoors where there are a large gathering of people. A terrorist will know they are going to be searched at the entrance to the turnstile, so they will detonate an explosive whilst in the queue, long before they get to the point where they will be searched.
Good point. My main objection is that, while I do find the pat downs etc over the top - if you’re going to have these kind of security checks then you need to make sure you have the right processes and sufficient staffing in place to manage the number of people in a reasonable time.

But if this is designed partly to deter a terrorist attack of some kind then it possibly achieves the opposite. As you say, it just creates a bottle neck of huge numbers of fans tightly packed like sardines in a small area.

I would always prefer a high level of security over ease of access for a large capacity sporting / entertainment event prime for a potentially terrorist attack.
Ah yes because the massive queue outside isn't the easier target. What would security do if they saw a bomb? "Can't bring that in here mate".

Good point. My main objection is that, while I do find the pat downs etc over the top - if you’re going to have these kind of security checks then you need to make sure you have the right processes and sufficient staffing in place to manage the number of people in a reasonable time.

But if this is designed partly to deter a terrorist attack of some kind then it possibly achieves the opposite. As you say, it just creates a bottle neck of huge numbers of fans tightly packed like sardines in a small area.
Correct. The queues at M1 are a perfect example of that scenario.

They need to realise that people rock up later for a 12.30/7.30pm kick off than they ordinarily would do for a 3pm and have more staff on for those times. Not jobsworths stood about doing f all but those doing the wand business.

I can’t say I’ve ever been patted down at M1 but some with the wand are just more efficient than others.

If you cast your mind back to the withdrawal of US forces from Kabul, and the 1000’s of desperate Afgans who were trying to escape and were being held back by the US army from getting into the airport, 2 suicide bombers struck outside the airport in the middle the Afghans who were being held back by the US army. 60 Afgans and 13 US troops were killed.

Seem to have employed nightclub bouncers. Its way over the top. Why the fuck do they make you open your coat and take your hat off when its freezing. Hope one of them gets proper filled in one day

New and tighter security measures are to be put in place for larger events in the wake of the arena bombing. (Martyn’s Law) I asked a steward yesterday if his wand was switched on he didn’t answer but smiled

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.