PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not true. City staff were told on the Friday afternoon before the Monday announcement that we'd won on all the main charges. One City fan who helps run a supporters club branch got hold of the info as he had a relative who worked at the club and blabbed to all and sundry down the pub on the Saturday night. I got a WhatsApp off a mate on the Sunday evening confirming this. It also explains how Ian Cheeseman might've got hold of it. He doesn't need to hear it directly from a contact within the club because he's got plenty of mates outside the club who have contacts within.
Both parties were given a preview of the CAS report a few days before it was made public, I believe, so they could amend any obvious errors or other things.

That was very telling because for a Commons Committee to tell the two bosses of the EFL and the PL to their faces: “You don’t know what you’re doing” is a story in anybody’s books. The media silence just confirms that a significant section of the press are being dishonest with their reporting of City.
Did they sing "You don't know what you're doing, you don't know what you're doing" then follow it up with "You're not fit, you're not fit, you're not fit to run the league"?

May be right, but I hadn't heard that. Can you remember a source?

The alleged rule breaches stopped in 2018 didn't they? So I am not sure they would have looked at later periods?
Think it was on here mate I don’t tend to read stuff relating to charges outside of this forum for obvious reasons, like I said I could be wrong. If you feel up to trawling through this thread let me know if you come across anything just to prove I’m not imagining things in my old age!

I agree with most of that but I think there will be a sea change with Ratcliffe at United. He is a global operator who has done plenty of business with Middle East firms. I think he will keep out of the poisonous smear campaign run by the previous regime at United. I think a lot of the hate and bile was being driven by Ferguson but his power is finished now. Not sure about LFC, though the game could also change there when Klopp leaves. Our rivals are starting to modernise their own business models. They have got plenty enough on their plates to sort out instead of waging war on City. The media will follow the money, and as City get bigger, it will be in their commercial interest to change their coverage of City.
The Sheikhs investment and City's subsequent success on and off the field shocked the cartel to their core.

They never thought it could happen,certainly never planned for it and would never have expected it to be City.

Ferguson in particular went into denial and belittled City at every opportunity. He was used to being top dog and getting his own way and simply couldn't and wouldn't accept that City were now a coming force.

The words "Knock them off their fucking perch" were probably haunting him.

He and the snake Gill led the insidious multiclub campaign against City through their established influence as a cartel club.

Ferguson is a bitter, vengeful bastard and its easy to picture him hectoring at anyone who'd listen, particularly his sycophantic pups in the media.

Imo, he started as our first and most irrational 'danger man' to be supplanted later by more 'intelligent' politicians.

Ferguson deserves to suffer every second of the rest of his miserable life whilst City continue to succeed at the cost of his vile club.

Fuck him and them !!

Don’t think Khaldoon would accept anything, he want us to be fully cleared , nothing less
We don’t know that. He might take it all the way, but he’s also walked away at the right times too.

They don’t like the limelight. If we only get a fine, it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we drew a line and moved on.

We’re not going to sue anyone either. Life would just go on.

The Sheikhs investment and City's subsequent success on and off the field shocked the cartel to their core.

They never thought it could happen,certainly never planned for it and would never have expected it to be City.

Ferguson in particular went into denial and belittled City at every opportunity. He was used to being top dog and getting his own way and simply couldn't and wouldn't accept that City were now a coming force.

He and the snake Gill led the insidious multiclub campaign against City through their established influence as a cartel club.

Ferguson is a bitter, vengeful bastard and its easy to picture him hectoring at anyone who'd listen, particularly his sycophantic pups in the media.

Imo, he started as our first and most irrational 'danger man' to be supplanted later by more 'intelligent' politicians.

Ferguson deserves to suffer every second of the rest of his miserable life whilst City continue to succeed at the cost of his vile club.

Fuck him and them !!
I’ve a vague memory of Dave Whelan - when at Wigan - coming out and saying he was surprised just how much City had rattled/angered certain clubs and that effectively they were out to get us !

I’ve a vague memory of Dave Whelan - when at Wigan - coming out and saying he was surprised just how much City had rattled/angered certain clubs and that effectively they were out to get us !
A vague recollection he came out and announced he'd broken his leg.

Last edited:

Fuck him and them !!
Had the biggest budget,extra time if required, had Webb,Riley,Clattenberg and the fraternity in his pocket.All the adulation from his global sheep but he couldn't win with grace, it wasn't enough, he had to rub everyone's noses in it, particularly City with the banner despite the Dippers being their REAL rivals yet I can't remember ever seeing a 30 year ticking banner about this before 2020.
Hope we do a double treble and he lives to see it!
Exactly this. I am willing to wait for my jelly and ice cream ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.