The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It all comes down to Anfield away IMO. Win there and it's ours, lose there and I suspect it probably isn't.

It all comes down to Anfield away IMO. Win there and it's ours, lose there and I suspect it probably isn't.
It's still in our hands, entering the home straight. Given the ropey autumn we had, I'm not sure we could ask for much more right now. Trips to the cultists, Spursy and the Amex will be tough; no argument from me on that score. But you know what; we're not a bad side. And they won't be looking forward to facing us either.

People talking about how teams like Brentford play so poorly against Liverpool and not us. I don't think that's the case at all.

We ALLOW teams to come to us and just sit back and play narrow. We play right into their game plan, we try to build slowly from the back, right through midfield (sometimes back again!), and then through to the forwards for the most perfect tap in option we can find.

We allow them to get back in position after every counter attack they do, or after every time our keeper has the ball. This just enables them to sit deep, time waste and try to hit us on the counter.

liverpool on the other hand will try and counter them and play on the front foot.

Now I'm not for one minute saying that the scousers play better than us, or I'd want us to be like them. What I am saying though is that teams who do sit back and look to counter often can't handle the 'counter counter' attack i.e. a quick and direct ball out from our keeper or through midfield, right to the feet of two of the world's best attacking players in Haaland and Foden, before the opposition has had time to regroup.

Most of the time we find a way through, hence why we've won so much consistently! So I don't expect us to do this every time, but on occasion it would make us so much more dangerous, it would give us another dimension as a team. It's criminal that we have Haaland who is lethal in one on one scenarios and yet rarely even look to get him in that position. Almost every one on one he is involved in he scores, look at the goal yesterday. On pure maths alone it's a no brainer.

It amazes me how the best manager in the world can't seem to see the logic in getting Haaland in those positions more often.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.