Did You Go Halifax Away In the FA Cup in 1980?

Yep. Ankle deep in mud at Halifax.
Shrewsbury the year before too... Slipped on my arse on the icy terrace, no way that would be played now with the stand in that state never mind the pitch. (Although the slip could have been caused by the 5 pints of snakebite before KO).

Anyone remember Barnsley away early 80’s and there was a burger van at the back of the stand and it kicked off with her so she threw chip fat out at whoever was rocking her van?
Also remember going on the train to Huddersfield in the late 80’s in the fa cup, 3rd replay if memory serves me correctly, open air stand, January, middle of the week, pissed down and I thought I look cool in a cream coloured jacket. Not cream after I slipped on my arse and was full of footprints when Steve Kinsey(?) scored!!
Was that the one on New Years Eve and we drew 1-1 in the snow. I got stopped rushing to the station to catch the football special by a female copper. Fortunately she was a blue and she let me off.

I wasn't at Halifax but I was actually on a bus back from Maine Road into town when the draw was made, in the days when the draw was still made on Saturday (seems strange that, now!)
That day we had just beaten Derby 3:0 and someone had a 'transistor radio' ,as they were called in those days. When the draw was made everyone started cheering, little did we all know what lay ahead!
We got to the final the following year ofcourse (winning at another 4th Division Peterborough along the way) but In years to come whenever we were drawn against a lower division team away the reaction was often groans rather than cheers.
Barnsley, Brentford(when they were in 3rd Division) Cardiff, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Wigan....the list goes on!

My memory is the draws were always on a Monday afternoon.

They certainly were at some point as I can remember sitting on the back row at school, secretly listening to it.

My memory is the draws were always on a Monday afternoon.

They certainly were at some point as I can remember sitting on the back row at school, secretly listening to it.
No he's right the draw for that game was Saturday after a league match, I was in social club big cheer went up when we drew Halifax. Little did we know eh.

There was 5 of us that went in my Vauxhall Chevette. Like others got absolutely soaked and covered in mud.

After the match we saw the team coming out to their team bus. I have got to say for some reason we weren’t very appreciative of the performance

It wasn’t much better at Shrewsbury either!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.