Trouble in the North Stand second tier vs United

River Plate dad with United daughter...
View attachment 109187

That is just nuts and in the south stand as well. I know she's a kid but her dad should know better. In my eyes it's being deliberately provocative too. Where are their coats?? It was fucking cold on Sunday so why aren't they wearing coats? Everyone around them is wrapped up like an Eskimo but they're not. Odd.

That is just nuts and in the south stand as well. I know she's a kid but her dad should know better. In my eyes it's being deliberately provocative too. Where are their coats?? It was fucking cold on Sunday so why aren't they wearing coats? Everyone around them is wrapped up like an Eskimo but they're not. Odd.
Probably for some you tube, instagram or Facebook content. Looks very strange otherwise.

I sit in Colin Bell 1; that was sent by a friend, incredulous that these people were in front of her, seemingly completely oblivious to any impending danger.

When United scored there was a bloke three rows in front of me who jumped up cheering- he was then turfed out - minus his half and half scarf which was tossed along various rows before being placed in a bin by a steward.

I’ve sat in a few away ends (United , Liverpool, Spurs to name but 3) and you know the rules: keep quiet and try to feign a modicum of happiness if / when the home team score.

I have been in home end always main stand or posh seats tbh away at highbury x2 (David White scored 2), Palace (quinn hat trick I think), Liverpool 3 times (always with BRFC), The swamp twice, Cambridge, Emirates, Goodison

But you read the room and don't act like a dick, I have jumped up at times but always been left alone - probably by luck..

I would not do it these days too many keyboard chavs wanting a cheap shot

I think they’re both completely oblivious.

I remember watching a confrontation outside the ground before the Super Cup in Athens as a dad and his son were refused entry as the lad had an AEK shirt on, and they were worried that neutral locals would have a go at them. Eventually someone produced a tshirt for the lad to wear to cover it up and all was ok, but it took about 20 minutes before calm descended on all sides...

I think they’re both completely oblivious.

I probably agree. It's odd they have no coats on, it wasn't exactly warm on Sunday. This is where the stewarding falls down. I know she's a kid but in the City end wearing a United shirt on full view a bit of advice should have been given.

When football becomes so sanitised that all fans mix together in harmony it loses a lot of what makes the game so addictive.
Sure, we shouldn’t be punching people but it wouldn’t be an issue if they knew they shouldn’t be there in the first.
I understand (in a way) and have often heard that passion is a pre-requisite. I was at a game in Swindon several years ago and one of our 'supporters' tried to attack the opposing keeper for having the temerity to try to make a save. A post on our forum said that this fan was showing passion and shouldn't be criticised. I think that both parties needed some appropriate words.

I despise Bristol City as a club (because they're local and have been better than us in recent years) but never failed to get on with the people I know who are City supporters. There would be nothing better than beating them on the pitch but to have some sat near you at the game would be great. They would get their own back at some point but that's life.

Getting too old now and believe the tribalism and hatred at grounds is unhealthy and has to be eradicated. We need things to unite us rather than divide us, especially when everything in this country is so shit.

I would stress that this is not a criticism of City at all because we have more than our share of wankers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.