On this day - Keegan Resigns

Controversial opinion here..... that season ranks up there alongside the centurions' season in terms of the sheer exhilaration felt when watching the football being played before our eyes. Obviously, the level we were competing at was slightly inferior, mind. But the joy and excitement felt when watching that team was something else.
And then tonking Ipswich 4-1 on their own turf in the FA Cup was just *chefs kiss*
God I hated that club around that time.

Some of the football in the 2001-02 promotion season was absolutely brilliant as was beating the rags in the final Maine Road derby and the first at CoMS. - And getting a draw at the swamp near the end of 2002-03.
But sometimes he seemed to slump in his seat not knowing what to do next. That was best summed up in the cup defeat at Oldham, and most of us who went to Groclin away weren't happy with a failure to attack in meaningful manner when we had to score at least once.
Wasn't the issue at Groclin more about Anelka and Fowler playing likes twats, so much so it felt like we were playing with nine that day

The only positive if they come up this season, the chance to see them go back down. You are the weakest link etc
Haven't forgotten, never will. There was a thread a few months back started about which teams you hate and was surprised that so many others on here hate them just as equally.

I thought Keegan resigned in 2005? Around that time along with Sven Goran Eriksson both got us got us briefly competing in the Premier League although both probably wouldn't consistenly trouble the usual suspects in the longer term.

Last edited:
I used to feel bad about not wanting Kev as manager. We had some genuinely brilliant days under KK and I was growing to like him.

When he had his photo taken in the 'Joe Mercer pose' for the final Maine Road programme, I remembered that he was a charlatan, flying by the seat of his pants.

It was always going to end in tears.Once a quitter, always a quitter.

City sacked him as he said he wanted to leave at the end of 2005/06 when his contracted ended and wouldn't commit further when asked. But of course is was "agreed" or "mutual consent" but it wasn't him resigning or quitting, he was prepared to see out his contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.