Media Discussion - 2023/24

I hadnt seen Dias's comments before. Love the bloke;

When asked about Alexander-Arnold's comments by BBC Radio Manchester, City defender Ruben Dias said: "I think it's pretty certain between us, between our fans, how much it meant to all of us.

"At the end of the day you can only have certain emotions if you actually win stuff. A Treble is a feeling you can only know how it feels when you actually do it."

He added: "I think in a club like Man City and my previous club [Benfica], our greatness will be shown in a way that these comments don't affect us. We know what we've done, we know what we've conquered, we know what we're going for in what's to come. We don't do it for anyone else, we do it for ourselves.

"Other people's success is deserved for their own achievements. What we focus on is ourselves. That's the way to move forward and that's the way to be big, a big club - not trying to comment on other people's success and trying to make it bigger or smaller depending on how convenient it is for you."
An absolute titan of a man, and player

I hadnt seen Dias's comments before. Love the bloke;

When asked about Alexander-Arnold's comments by BBC Radio Manchester, City defender Ruben Dias said: "I think it's pretty certain between us, between our fans, how much it meant to all of us.

"At the end of the day you can only have certain emotions if you actually win stuff. A Treble is a feeling you can only know how it feels when you actually do it."

He added: "I think in a club like Man City and my previous club [Benfica], our greatness will be shown in a way that these comments don't affect us. We know what we've done, we know what we've conquered, we know what we're going for in what's to come. We don't do it for anyone else, we do it for ourselves.

"Other people's success is deserved for their own achievements. What we focus on is ourselves. That's the way to move forward and that's the way to be big, a big club - not trying to comment on other people's success and trying to make it bigger or smaller depending on how convenient it is for you."
Now that is a serious put down. Bravo!

Not really a fan of Jonathan Liew but he's nailed it,

"They have this marketing slogan"

(In reference to this means more)

Don't tell the Dippers that's all it is and it actually means Fuck all!
I heard that and wondered (and laughed) how it got past the editor, there'll be an absolute pile on, on social media of Liew and Sky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.