Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

There would, Ederson basically kicked him up in the air, any referee not giving that should be sacked.
Oh @cleavers this is so, so, so terrible of me and I will definitely not go to heaven.... but when I read that post I burst out laughing at the first bit and in my head I said good old Eddie...... am I barred???? Will I be in trouble??

Relieved to get a point after a second half shit show.

The dippers showed much more mental strength than us. Ederson’s tackle was sheer fcukwittery. They grabbed momentum from that penalty goal and after that we looked shit scared of possession. Never thought I’d say that of a Pep side. On which subject, when we needed a magic moment to turn the tide, who goes off? The guy most likely to produce one.

Anyway, put that behind us and thank fcuk we didn’t lose.

Difficult for Haaland to get involved when the tactics were so negative for the second half.

He was on it first half, felt like he was everywhere and linking up play. Second half, non-existent but then he should’ve made something happen. Especially against an academy CB.

Played well in the first half and I thought we controlled the game. We went to pieces after the penalty though, the midfield was no where to be seen. We wanted far too long on the ball and at times struggled to pass to a blue shirt. Things improved slightly with the introduction of Kovacic but by that stage we were all over the place.
Pity, I really, really wanted the win, not just to go top but to actually win there. It is more the below par performance from a number of players, we looked bereft of ideas at times and just managed to drag ourselves over the line for the point.
I like Ake, alot, and yes it was a slightly under hit pass back but I thought Ederson was a bit daft to come recklessly charging out the way he did. Ake was by no means the only player to under/over/miss hit a pass today.
Another of those what might have been games.

Sorry but we aren't good enough, we've just not been at the races this season, I just hope now we can string some good games together and win the Champs League
We aren't good enough for what? We're a point off Arse and Liverpool with 30 to play for and in the quarter finals of both major k.o. comps that after not being at our scintillating best for most of the season.

The only thing shocking about today is how many fans have so little faith in us, especially given our recent history. I could understand it if we were trying to win it for the first time, but IIRC this time last season we were only one point better off but 6 points behind Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.