The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm actually more worried about Spurs away than City away! Don't get me wrong, City away is as tough as we get but we will go into that fully focused and with every tactical detail taken care of whereas Spurs away is an emotional wreck of a match with red cards and injuries that you often can't prepare for. I guess saving grace is that Angeball is high line stuff and so we should be able to engage the wide men well there.

With City, if their players are all 100% on it, particularly KDB, Silva and Foden then they'll have too much for us particularly if their best player Rodri (yes I've said it, for me Rodri is their best player over the others I've mentioned) has a monster match (I don't think they've lost for over 50 games when he's been in the team!). City are vulnerable at the back this season but if Rodri bests Rice in the middle it's all moot.
You should probably be more worried about City considering our record against them. We also play a similar brand of football and if City are in top form they play it better than us. Rodri is great but watching yesterday shows he cant do it all by himself. I think a Rice-Jorginho-Ode midfield would be good but we''d be even better if we had a fit and on form Partey in place of Jorginho. I still think a fit on form Partey is the closest player to Rodri.

Spurs, we are better than them and I know the way we have been playing we tend to show that in our results. If they go gungho then Martinelli and Saka will have a field day. I also see our team keeping their heads more than Spurs will.

The 'form we are in now' is good but we've played some absolute garbage teams in that run. Wins against Dippers and Newcastle were good but we lost at Porto and scraped past Brentford. I'd have beaten Sheff Utd playing on my own.

Just need to bring the A game every match and see where that gets us. I still think we are a season away from being the real deal
City and Liverpool have played some garbage teams but struggled to get the win. Our form shows we have been the best and so does our GD. We struggle against teams that sit deep and dont want to play which disrupts our flow. Look at Liverpool vs Forest and what it took for them to win. Why didnt they smash them?

I agree about another season. I think we need an out n out striker and proper midfielder for the LCM role.

You should probably be more worried about City considering our record against them. We also play a similar brand of football and if City are in top form they play it better than us. Rodri is great but watching yesterday shows he cant do it all by himself. I think a Rice-Jorginho-Ode midfield would be good but we''d be even better if we had a fit and on form Partey in place of Jorginho. I still think a fit on form Partey is the closest player to Rodri.

Spurs, we are better than them and I know the way we have been playing we tend to show that in our results. If they go gungho then Martinelli and Saka will have a field day. I also see our team keeping their heads more than Spurs will.
I know our record against them but we'll turn up there with the best team we've had in 20 years so I don't put much into records. Just like City aren't supposed to win at the Tottenham Stadium but put that to rest in the cup.

I still would be delighted with a point at the Etihad as a win is highly unlikely particularly if City bring their A game but records are just statistical patterns and not a measure of what will happen.

Just like 3 other teams aside from Arsenal have won their first 8 games of a calendar year (City, Liverpool, Rags). All 3 went on to win the league. Does that record mean Arsenal will also win the league? Absolutely not!

1000004436.png

I will laugh my fucking socks off they lose out by 1pt again. Now there a treble that means nothing Alexander Arsehole

I think it's a great point at Anfield for City, if we beat Arsenal we can do this.

What makes you think Arsenal won't be at the finish line ? They have the most balanced team out of the three.
I never saw the game against Brentford on Saturday, but my son watched it, he doesn't think they'll be there. His main reason even from the 70th minute everyone from the players,coaches to the fans were getting over emotional and frenzied. They got the late winner but he reckons they haven't got what it takes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.