The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forest made it look easy at Newcastle.

Newcastle are away at Liverpool on the 1st of January, 8pm. Then at home to Sunderland in the FA Cup on the 6th of January. 6000 Mackems in St James Park. And the Sunderland team giving their all, hopefully. Then City.

I watched Newcastle play Forest. Newcastle are burnt out. They were running on empty for large parts of the match. They were all over the place tactically. City would have had a field day. Play like that against City and they will get battered.
Definitely works in our favour that we play Newcastle after what are (on paper) a couple of relatively gentle games for us. And also before both teams get their winter break. I’m sure they’d much rather play us after having a fortnight off than before that.

Reactions: jrb
It‘s still in our hands, and as long as that remains the case, I, for one, won’t be throwing the fucking towel in.

I find it quite incredible, that after dropping 11 points in 5 games in our last 6, it is still (technically/GD) in our hands. Most seasons, most other teams even, that would be curtains.

Definitely works in our favour that we play Newcastle after what are (on paper) a couple of relatively gentle games for us. And also before both teams get their winter break. I’m sure they’d much rather play us after having a fortnight off than before that.

Tonight will be a harder game. If we can win the next 3 games we will be in a terrific position. Wrap KDB up in cotton woool, let him train and get 100% match fit, and ease him back into matches after the 2 week break. That gives KDB another 5 weeks to get match fit and sharp, and then it’s Burnley at home in the PL.

The top 5 teams might be separated by 4 pts if we win the next two games.

Hope we go on a run starting with today's game but expect that we'll improve after Everton or after the winter break. Tonight may be too early for Haaland and Doku to feature.

2 are tough ish not very tough, Newcastle especiaally decsimated by injuries, confidence shot is winnable, 7 should be doable, I’m expecting 9.

We know when Man City turn up away at any ground the crowd and players are way up for it and put in more effort than any other time they play

Newcastle are away at Liverpool on the 1st of January, 8pm. Then at home to Sunderland in the FA Cup on the 6th of January. 6000 Mackems in St James Park. And the Sunderland team giving their all, hopefully. Then City.

I watched Newcastle play Forest. Newcastle are burnt out. They were running on empty for large parts of the match. They were all over the place tactically. City would have had a field day. Play like that against City and they will get battered.

Forest soaked up Newcastle attacking Possession football and were lethal on the break we come to town and it be Newcastle being the underdog trying to hit us on the break with crowd more up for it unlike Forest where crowd expected to win..

2 are tough ish not very tough, Newcastle especiaally decsimated by injuries, confidence shot is winnable, 7 should be doable, I’m expecting 9.

Newcastle's first XI is almost available. Won’t be an easy game, unless they have been run in the ground...

Sorry to disappoint you pal, but the FA Cup tie is being played at The Stadium of Light.
And Newcastle fans are being ferried from SJP to the SOL on a fleet of buses ,and match tickets will only be issued to each Geordie fan once they are safely ensconced on the bus.

Sorry to disappoint you pal, but the FA Cup tie is being played at The Stadium of Light.
And Newcastle fans are being ferried from SJP to the SOL on a fleet of buses ,and match tickets will only be issued to each Geordie fan once they are safely ensconced on the bus.

Even better. :-) Thanks for letting me know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.