Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I have just about calmed down and fumigated myself after yesterday's game. Firstly a big shout out to Sue, steward number 636 who told me to fuck off and gesticulated wildly in my direction at the final whistle. Probably her last game ever as a steward. Secondly do their 'fans' have some sort of terms and conditions attached to their tickets i.e. scream very loudly for every throw in, free kick, corner etc even when we know it's not our ball. Quiet as a mouse first half, woke up briefly during the second half after they scored and at the very end. That said the one thing they have on us is the fact that the vast majority appear to stay to the very end as opposed to at the Etihad where around 75 minutes the mass exodus begins. We had the upper hand in the first half, they came back strongly in the second, happy with the point, it was definitely a not lose game. 30 points to play for and if Pep stops experimenting after the international break then we will win the league.
Classy lot aren’t they? Invited to hospitality a few years ago I fucking hated it, they’re literally up screaming for every throw in, free kick etc trying to influence the ref.
1-1 draw, Tevez equaliser if I recall correctly
Had to laugh though I met the guy who invited me at his parents house on the Wirral as he had parking included, he had his lad with him who I thought was coming to hospitality with us, turns out he was going to ring a steward just after kick out who would let him in the Kop end for £10 - absolute true story. Scousers eh - a different breed. Probably means more to sneak in though

One thing is for sure, these Guardiola City v Klopp Liverpool encounters always deliver. Pulsating action, sublime football. Clashes of styles but two teams on the front foot.

For all the guff about United v Liverpool as the biggest game in years gone by, they were always horrible games to watch. Just frenetic without any class, the ball was out of play more than in
Yes the "Red Shirt Derby" at Anfield earlier this season, was an embarrassment.
Both teams were shit-scared to attack, as both like to attack on the counter.
It almost sent me to sleep, with the Stretford Snakes perhaps shading it.
LFC were a shambles...

I am getting more than a little irked this morning by the stories of Liverpool's "twelfth man" and the unique atmosphere at Anfield. It seems that more than a few of our own supporters believe that we go to pieces at Anfield as a result. I will say as clearly as I can that City did not go to pieces yesterday thogh some of our fans may have as a result of their own neuroses. The MEN has quite rightly argued that Pep did everything he could to counter the frenzied attempts to rouse scousers to fever pitch, from avoiding the bus welcome to slowing the game down when Liverpool tried to exert pressure. It worked: City controlled the game in the first half and took the lead. In the second half Liverpool did exert pressure but what is ignore is that City had more shots on target and the more the game wore on the more City seemed the winners if there was to be one. The scousers had appeals for four penalties but this was a sign of desperation. Klopp's heavy metal football had put City to the test
Nice spin on it but there was a period where our shape had gone and we were all over the place as they ran us ragged. You could have driven a bus through the middle as a besieged Rodri resembled Custer on Last Stand Hill. Silva, Kev, Foden and Alvarez were shrugged aside as they poured through and round us. We have suffered similar moments this Season when we have no defensive midfielders bar Rodri but they were just moments this tide went on and on and we lost the battles of physical and mental strength until the changes which restored some normality.

One thing is for sure, these Guardiola City v Klopp Liverpool encounters always deliver. Pulsating action, sublime football. Clashes of styles but two teams on the front foot.

For all the guff about United v Liverpool as the biggest game in years gone by, they were always horrible games to watch. Just frenetic without any class, the ball was out of play more than in
I thought the occasion lowered the standard of football yesterday tbh. We had spells in particular where we couldn’t seem to retain the ball and they missed quite a few guilt edge chances

I thought the occasion lowered the standard of football yesterday tbh. We had spells in particular where we couldn’t seem to retain the ball and they missed quite a few guilt edge chances

We couldn't retain the ball because their press was exceptional yesterday. The players who missed chances for them are not renowned for their finishing ability anyway.

Why was she telling you to fuck off lol?
I was waiting by the stairs to exit but my daughter was a few people behind so I moved so that others could leave and she told me to move as I was blocking the stairs to which I pointed out that so was she and a colleague which was making things worse. She then swore at me and tried to wave me on my way. I think they genuinely believe that they can behave and speak in any way they want as the club won't do anything and if anyone complains they know nothing will happen.

Nice spin on it but there was a period where our shape had gone and we were all over the place as they ran us ragged. You could have driven a bus through the middle as a besieged Rodri resembled Custer on Last Stand Hill. Silva, Kev, Foden and Alvarez were shrugged aside as they poured through and round us. We have suffered similar moments this Season when we have no defensive midfielders bar Rodri but they were just moments this tide went on and on and we lost the battles of physical and mental strength until the changes which restored some normality.
What’s irked me was their second string right hand side was made up of Bradley, Elliot & Quansah who dominated us largely due to an energetic press which made Ake understandably nervous. We didn’t seem to have an answer & Pep waited 65 minutes to change it
Hopefully no more than a bad day at the office for Pep, KdB, Haaland, Silva, Foden & Alvarez though

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.