10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

I hoped this exposing Rodri will work at the end like other Pep’s masterpieces. But we are in March now, conceding the goals on the daily basis, scoring less. GD ist worst than both rivals.

Time to change and if this match brought it then it was worth.
3 rd best GA 4 worse than Arsenal ( put that right next game),2 worse than liverpool. Our GD is worse because we haven't punished teams like we normally do scoring 3s instead of 4s or 5s.

I'm really glad Grealish has been getting love and recognition for his game lately. He's a high IQ player and a pleasure to watch. I think Pep wants to mold Doku into Grealish but with more directness. But its hard for any player to have Jack's composure and technical crispness.
Oddly by not playing, a few didn't appreciate what he brought to the team until he wasn't doing it.

Oddly by not playing, a few didn't appreciate what he brought to the team until he wasn't doing it.
The argument was that he doesn’t score or assist enough for someone playing wide forward in the best team in the world. I think that is a fair argument. Many saw Dokus initial performances and thought he would bring the G/A that Grealish doesn’t. We’ve now seen that hasn’t happened and some have gone with the thought process that if none of them are going to be providing G/A, we might as well go with the Grealish option of keeping possession. Both are good players and bring something different but I’d argue the praise that Grealish is currently getting is more like he is the lesser of two evils. Once Grealish starts playing more games, people will flip flop between who they want in the side depending on a result in any given weekend.

This is true and maybe if he hadn't been on the lash all summer he might be available more often.
Having a heavy summer isn’t the reason he’s injured now, isn’t the reason he was injured earlier in the season and. Isn’t the reason his house was broken into.
He’s just been shit out of luck this season and it’s one of those freak seasons.

There are two things that are certain though. We are better as a team with him playing.
He isn’t suffering because of the summer.

Having a heavy summer isn’t the reason he’s injured now, isn’t the reason he was injured earlier in the season and. Isn’t the reason his house was broken into.
He’s just been shit out of luck this season and it’s one of those freak seasons.

There are two things that are certain though. We are better as a team with him playing.
He isn’t suffering because of the summer.
Disagree. There's a reason people like Novak Djokovic don't get rat arsed. It's because their performance is about maximizing their potential.
Drinking heavily for 6 weeks, then sweating it all out in Dubai before pre season training would have put lots of stress on his body.

I agree that we are better with him in the team though.

Disagree. There's a reason people like Novak Djokovic don't get rat arsed. It's because their performance is about maximizing their potential.
Drinking heavily for 6 weeks, then sweating it all out in Dubai before pre season training would have put lots of stress on his body.

I agree that we are better with him in the team though.
Yep ,but that has always been the difference between G.O.A.T athletes and very good atheletes, some of them just don´t have it in them...Like Hazard said ,when asked ,if he would have been a better player if he trained like Ronaldo ,he said he would have stoped playing football long time ago ,he just want´s to enjoy life outside of football ground

To be honest he hasn’t set the world on fire this season when he has played. Pep has called him out a couple of times and not played him a fair few times when he has been fit.

Been a weird season for him. Doesn’t look mentally right to me currently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.