10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Really miss him when he's not there, especially in the big games. He's one of the furthest forward 'control' players we have and without him our build-up play is often rushed and hectic.

Keeping the ball and taking the time to fashion quality chances is absolutely key against the top teams, especially those with fast counter-attacks.

Hopefully he recovers well from the latest injury setback and if there's any issue at all remaining he should skip the international break. Would love to see him feature against Arsenal.

Our problem today was not that our wingers couldn't hold on to the ball. The problem was in central midfield with nobody there. Im sure Grealish would have played if available and he would have made us better in some aspects but he doesn't play central midfield, the major problem would still have been present so I'm not sure how people are deciding his absence was key.

Our problem today was not that our wingers couldn't hold on to the ball. The problem was in central midfield with nobody there. Im sure Grealish would have played if available and he would have made us better in some aspects but he doesn't play central midfield, the major problem would still have been present so I'm not sure how people are deciding his absence was key.
I absolutely don't disagree that there was a problem in central midfield, but having that stability on the wing affords time and space to those in the centre - Jack provides a pretty safe outball with low risk of turnover, which allows those more central players to be a little less hurried and a little more able to pass and move, rather than pass, wait to make sure we haven't lost possession, and then move.

But yes, there is a broader problem in that the midfield is a little disjointed and there's not much to simply and consistently link the defensive midfield with the attack. I think this is a problem Pep needs to solve around wanting to play both KDB and Phil centrally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.