9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Kanes a better all round player with his link up play , dropping deep etc but Haaland is the best natural finisher and being at the right place at the right time in the box. I just think he’s a throwback to 6 yard box striker apart from a couple of his goals last season, most of them were in the box or “tap ins” which is a bullshit term he’s just got world class positioning. Knows where the ball will drop in the box and where to be. It’s why he probably loves Kev playing, he has speed and physicality but his best natural ability is his positioning and finishing around the 6 yard box. He’s the best in the world at that.

Or....people love his attitude..but debate his impact..i think he is the world's best..in a few circumstances - problem for me is that if they do not present themselves he can look very average...but that's just an opinion from watching over 50 years of City..
His impact? People want to debate Erling Haalands impact since he came to the club?
Crack on..

Can he improve natural touch, awareness etc?..possibly marginally... undoubtedly players game awareness, knowledge, positioning, fitness, athleticism etc improve but natural ability...he will always be behind Kane for me by some distance
How can you possibly say a twenty three year old will not be at the level of anyone else ten years older , really strange view

I have weighed that up and i do think we are a couple of seasons stop gap for Erling IF he keeps smashing records. This is where his 5 v Luton reserves helps (Tim Kruhl in nets bloody 'ell) if they don't scrutinise who he scored against too much we could see a £150m sale to Real Madrid which is great business. BUT i would rather have had Kane for 3 years - cost us more but i think we would be a better team to watch and would likely win more. His control, hold up play etc. would have been much needed v Dippers. He can play with his back to goal, lead the line, drop deep and play balls akin to KDB, a genuinely gifted lad AND no one can fault his attitude and professionalism. Pep's dream player in terms of character, a proper leader by example. Ahh well lol
He has also scored against every Premier league side he has played against and the likes of Bayern Munich twice. Some City fans don't believe he can have a poor game, every City player under preformed on Sunday. To suggest he's a flat track bully is wrong . Look at his record and what he has contributed and what City has won since he came to us.

Haaland's workrate in midfield is almost non-existent week in, week out. He's not a particularly good footballer, just a red hot striker.
When he's not scoring, he's very ineffective.
Kane is at the very least a good all-round footballer.

For those who didn't watch, in Bayern's recent title decider against Leverkusen, Kane managed a whole 10 passes in a 3-0 thrashing.

People can't have watched many England games if they thing Kane isn't just as likely to have a poor game as Haaland is.

The fact is, if the team as a whole isn't playing very well, the striker will always look invisible/anonymous. I am sure 95% of strikers who play against us get 10 touches and a 5/10 rating.

How can you possibly say a twenty three year old will not be at the level of anyone else ten years older , really strange view
Tend to agree with him to be honest even though i can see your point. A 23 year old Raz could improve his positioning etc( which he did hugely) but would never be a cool composed player with time and space.Similar with Haaland he is a beast at what he can do but will never be the complete natural footballer that Kane is. I’m terms of touch, passing, link up, heading, vision ability to find space.

Pace wise he’s on a different planet and he’ll score as many goals. Just for me players at 23 don’t suddenly develop world class attributes, they might improve the ones they have.

Rewatched the first half yesterday and pretty much all our positive play in their final third involved Haaland.
His touch into Kev whose shot deflected for a corner was exquisite. He worked hard to put himself about and showed van dyke up twice. Once when he nicked in and took it off his feet before creating a chance and his one on one run which some people are strangely saying Van dyke won was perfect bar his finish. If a player gets a shot off in that situation the defender hasn’t won that battle.

Second half was a bit different and he did look off the pace but he had far more involvement in the first and showed plenty of footballing ability than many seem to think on here.

His size often gives a false impression of his actual qualities and it’s easy to be dismissive but his touch is pretty good under pressure and he knows how to find a pass.

Genuinely believe some of you have lost the plot.

I have weighed that up and i do think we are a couple of seasons stop gap for Erling IF he keeps smashing records. This is where his 5 v Luton reserves helps (Tim Kruhl in nets bloody 'ell) if they don't scrutinise who he scored against too much we could see a £150m sale to Real Madrid which is great business. BUT i would rather have had Kane for 3 years - cost us more but i think we would be a better team to watch and would likely win more. His control, hold up play etc. would have been much needed v Dippers. He can play with his back to goal, lead the line, drop deep and play balls akin to KDB, a genuinely gifted lad AND no one can fault his attitude and professionalism. Pep's dream player in terms of character, a proper leader by example. Ahh well lol
‘Kinell you got 2 likes. No surprise LP is one of them. Good old ‘arry leading Bayern to another title. A trophy machine.

His impact? People want to debate Erling Haalands impact since he came to the club?
Crack on..
Didn't we win a treble in his first season? Including the clubs first ever Champions league? Only the second English team to have ever done it? Didn't he score a shit load of goals? Break records?

His first season was incredible. He has had a stop start one this year which has affected him and he looks a little off it still but I'd rather him in than out every single game and I'd rather him than anybody else.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.