9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Haaland can finish the season on 40 goals.

Who was the last forward in England who scored 40+ goals in back to back seasons? Can't remember recent examples.

Edit: Shearer never scored 38 goals in all compets. Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo and Salah scored 40+ goals in England only once.

Guess the last striker who scored 40+ goals in consecutive seasons played before the WWII.

Last edited:
View attachment 119128

Aguero

View attachment 119129

Haaland

Aguero's two best seasons in terms of total shots throughout his EPL career and Erling's two current seasons. Aguero scored 26 and 20 goals in his two seasons, Haaland 36 and so far 27. When you look at it this way, Haaland is even used too little, in NBA terminology they would say he should be used even more.

Agree. They could use him so much more and he's still absolutely dicking the league.

Who was the last forward in England who scored 40+ goals in back to back seasons? Can't remember recent examples.

Edit: Shearer never scored 38 goals in all compets. Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo and Salah scored 40+ goals in England only once.

Guess the last striker who scored 40+ goals in consecutive seasons played before the WWII.
Jimmy Greaves, I would imagine. He was ridiculously prolific across multiple seasons in the early 1960s.

Jimmy Greaves, I would imagine. He was ridiculously prolific across multiple seasons in the early 1960s.

Thought about him and checked. Even Greaves didn't score 40+ goals in two consecutive seasons.

Would be a remarkable feat if Haaland added two more goals in the next two games.

Edit: Denis Law was close to such a feat between 1963-1965. He scored 46 goals in 63/64 and then 39 goals in 64/65.

Last edited:

I have looked and the only player I could find was Dixie Dean. So I reckon your right.

Still a non-zero chance of him reaching 100 before the season's out.

He managed eight in consecutive games last year...

Edit: He actually scored 10 goals in <180 minutes of football last year.

Starting at the 22nd minute when he scored his first v Leipzig - he scored 5 in total and was brought off in the 63rd minute (so 41 minutes from the first goal)
Then in the next game v Burnley he scored 3 in 63 minutes.
Then after the international break he came back to score 2 v Southampton in 68 minutes.

Last edited:

He if finished with 30 league goals then it will be very very good, i doubt it but.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.