Media Discussion - 2023/24

True but he could mention the rags debt while discussing their performances. He could mention Chelsea’s financial problems and the dodgy deal while discussing them etc…

He is on Sky to discuss the football not financial issues that he has no direct involvement with. His job is to give insight into what is happening on the pitch. Unless he is also a lawyer as well as an ex player? -:)

Think people are arguing about 2 different things here:

1. His actual words on city which can be viewed as praise to some extent.
2. 115 charges and the elephant in the room that tarnished our manager, club and players.

While discussing football, point 2 is not needed and doesn’t happen to the other clubs.

Ok iv said enough now. Don’t want to get bogged down labouring the point.
Why would he mention their debt after talking about one of their performances?

If we had 115 charges over us and hadn’t won anything, he wouldn’t have said anything. The single, solitary point he was making was that he wants it all done and dusted so that this once in a lifetime team and its achievements can be enjoyed and respected. It was nothing but support and praise for us.

The little prick said "we" at one point talking about the scruffy fuckers.
Daniel sturridge ain't blessed with a lot of brain cells. Lovely story of dipper brother in law chauffeuring him n wio wobble gob around Manchester for photo shoots a few years ago. Ferdinand very professional and polite, sturridge proper up himself and slagging off our Jürgen da Jarman, big style.

The brother in law was seething at the simpletons unflattering thoughts on the slaughterers and herr bingo. Lovely stuff.

Why would he mention their debt after talking about one of their performances?

If we had 115 charges over us and hadn’t won anything, he wouldn’t have said anything. The single, solitary point he was making was that he wants it all done and dusted so that this once in a lifetime team and its achievements can be enjoyed and respected. It was nothing but support and praise for us.
I understand the second point you have made. Your 1st question is what I am annoyed with. Why should he discuss city’s finances after reviewing our performance?

There was no need to mention the charges even if he also went on to say nice things about the club.

I understand the second point you have made. Your 1st question is what I am annoyed with. Why should he discuss city’s finances after reviewing our performance?

There was no need to mention the charges even if he also went on to say nice things about the club.
Mentioning the 'charges' is the default for nigh on every third rate hack no matter what performance the team has just delivered. It's as though they are 'robots' and have thus been programmed.

I don't get Ian Wright. He has two sons and a granson who all played for City he always seems to have a bee in his bonet about us though. I remember in the run in when City had to win the last 14 matches of the season to win the league. He actually stated that he wanted Liverpool to win the title. Why? What link does he have to them? I find him very strange.

If you don't want to pay for the BBC you don't have to, it's not a tax. You can go online and cancel it now in 5 minutes and they'll even refund you pro-rata for the bit you've not used.

Usually the problem is you want to use it but not pay for it.
My son has done what you suggest, but it’s not quite that straightforward and brings unwanted and unnecessary complexity. Without getting into semantics, it is a tax. I don’t especially want to use it, there are parts of it I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole and object to having to jump through hoops to avoid paying for it.
It would be better broken up into product lines and then you could opt into to services you want by means of subscription.

Mentioning the 'charges' is the default for nigh on every third rate hack no matter what performance the team has just delivered. It's as though they are 'robots' and have thus been programmed.
100 % correct.

I don’t want his flowery words after he has just said the charges will ruin what pep and the players have achieved. The fucking elephant in the room nonsense.

If he is going to mention issues off the pitch then it’s only fair he does it with every club. It doesn’t happen, I find it disingenuous.

Not just Wright tho all of the “robots” act the same when it comes to city. We are seen as cheats who will get praise but only after the charges is brought up to tarnish us with.

The biggest turnabout is McCoist. He was always positive about city but as soon as the charges came out turned 360 and now mentions it every time he says anything good about how the club is performing on the pitch. It’s just not needed and should be referenced with Cas who found us not guilty while discussing the premier case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.