Champions League - QF: Real Madrid, SF: Arsenal/Bayern, (H) for 2nd legs

Who do you want in the Quarter Final?

• Total voters
I do find it hilarious a lot of folks on here assume City will play Bayern in the SF! Bayern are playing against the Premier League leaders not the Rags! It will be a close tie but I reckon Arsenal will be favourites as they'll cut that Bayern midfield to shreds. I'd expect Bayern to score a few goals too but they are so lightweight in the middle.

In the City/Madrid tie City will pump Madrid.

I do find it hilarious a lot of folks on here assume City will play Bayern in the SF! Bayern are playing against the Premier League leaders not the Rags! It will be a close tie but I reckon Arsenal will be favourites as they'll cut that Bayern midfield to shreds. I'd expect Bayern to score a few goals too but they are so lightweight in the middle.

If you are going off form and quality from this season I agree, but the CL never works out like that.

We folded to sides like Lyon, Monaco, Spurs and Chelsea.

City would have won the CL once or twice before we won it last year if it was down to quality alone.

Arsenal have a young and inexperienced team that still has to prove they can get over the line, whereas that Bayern team is littered with winners, including some who won the CL with Bayern in 2020. Add in the second leg at the Allianz.

Tuchel for all his flaws has 2 CL final appearances and 1 win as well.

I think Arsenal win the tie, but I wouldn't be surprised to see you be in for a struggle.

Nah its mainly because Arsenal are on that journeyCity were on a few years ago when we were desparate to make an impression in that comp. Its not about how good you are as mnuch as it about the mental strength and nerve and the different refereeing and all of that. I think Arsenal would be good enough to win it (After City of course) but they dont have the xp that Bayern, City etc have, yet.

Nah its mainly because Arsenal are on that journeyCity were on a few years ago when we were desparate to make an impression in that comp. Its not about how good you are as mnuch as it about the mental strength and nerve and the different refereeing and all of that. I think Arsenal would be good enough to win it (After City of course) but they dont have the xp that Bayern, City etc have, yet.

I think it all changed for us after we played Atletico Madrid the other year.

I think from there on in we realised that the knockout rounds of the CL are not football matches. It's a game of mental fortitude and overall team togetherness.

Never like to see players get injured, but sounds like Courtois has suffered another bad knee injury in training today so there’s no chance of him playing against us.

Just seen a video of that away leg we had against them in 2021/22 - the back four consisted of a 50% Walker, Dias, Laporte and Cancelo. Put it this way, I feel a lot more comfortable with whatever back four we put out when we go to their place this season. Same as I did last.

I liked Laporte but he wasn't rock solid, Walker wasn't fit and Cancelo was/is Cancelo.

Just seen a video of that away leg we had against them in 2021/22 - the back four consisted of a 50% Walker, Dias, Laporte and Cancelo. Put it this way, I feel a lot more comfortable with whatever back four we put out when we go to their place this season. Same as I did last.

I liked Laporte but he wasn't rock solid, Walker wasn't fit and Cancelo was/is Cancelo.
Big difference between previous seasons and this time round is Bellingham. Whatever you might think of him, he’s a threat.
Hopefully Pep will have a plan for dealing with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.