The Full Members Cup

My first City game. Was at the famous 4-4 Old Firm game on the Saturday.

Wembley Way was …. Interesting to say the least

We beat them in the away leg - our first away win for over a season. Two great cup runs that season. QFs in both league and FA cups. Beaten by Everton and Liverpool.
That goal you describe was comedic in the extreme. Shit keeper but hard as nails

From memory, I think there might have been 43 away games between the last win and that Wolves one.

And then a few weeks later we finally won a league game for the first time in a year and a half, 4-2 at Bradford.

Crazy to think now, but that was a huge upset win. Think they had started the season like a house on fire and had won every home game up until then.

The one small price to pay for being so good is it more or less does away with big surprise wins.

From memory, I think there might have been 43 away games between the last win and that Wolves one.

And then a few weeks later we finally won a league game for the first time in a year and a half, 4-2 at Bradford.

Crazy to think now, but that was a huge upset win. Think they had started the season like a house on fire and had won every home game up until then.

The one small price to pay for being so good is it more or less does away with big surprise wins.
Think I saw most of those 43 losses and draws (aged 16-17)
Then missed Bradford!! Started a new job that week
I was at the Wolves league cup win
First time I saw us win away was Swindon a few weeks after think it was 4-3 in torrential rain !!

Bradford went up that year I think. Paul Stewart was unplayable that night.

Think I saw most of those 43 losses and draws (aged 16-17)
Then missed Bradford!! Started a new job that week
I was at the Wolves league cup win
First time I saw us win away was Swindon a few weeks after think it was 4-3 in torrential rain !!
I was at Portsmouth Poly and rang my dad to ask how we’d got on at Wolves (no internet, the game wasn’t on the radio)
“You’re not going to believe this son; we won. Two nil.”
Some great away games that season travelling from Pompey - the Swindon 4-3, Bournemouth 2-0 spring immediately to mind.

I went away at Shrewsbury and saw Mcnab miss late pen early on in that season and remember thinking that we’d never win away (we’d been relegated previous season) even in the second tier.

We also beat a really good Forest team 3-0 in the next round and I remember Brian Clough complimenting the City fans about the attendance given our lack of recent (as was) success, although I don’t think the crowd was that good iirc.
And Watford 3-1 I think in next round.
The FA Cup run that season was brilliant- Huddersfield and Blackpool by the skin of our teeth then Plymouth in 5th round - only to be absolutely mullered by Liverpool in the QF. On TV.

And Watford 3-1 I think in next round.
The FA Cup run that season was brilliant- Huddersfield and Blackpool by the skin of our teeth then Plymouth in 5th round - only to be absolutely mullered by Liverpool in the QF. On TV.
It was. White set up by Lake and a Stewart rebound from a penalty spring to mind.

Yes, was at both Huddersfield and Blackpool away. Limbs everywhere,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.