Key Bridge, Baltimore, has collapsed.

Absolutely, the poor people involved in that, my heart goes out to them. Life is so bloody random we should cherish every moment.
I found the report of one of the ferry incidents.

Vaguely remember that being on the news.

Look like they have yellow flashing lights on so I am guessing maintenance crews possibly. Those bridges look real flimsy to me, the right hand side just pops off it's anchoring.

Flimsy? Don't think there is a bridge in the world that takes the momentum of a cargo ship to its suppost and stays up.

Last edited:
Despite this being from a conspiracy nut, it clearly shows the lights going out before impact. Video is sped up.

There is a clip of it sailing out, lights go out and then it veers right and heads into the column.
I’m only going from the video in the first post, but it looks like lights are on the ship until it hits the bridge, then the bridge falling on the ship shuts the lights down.

CNN reporting vehicles fell into the water and they’re searching for up to 20 people. The water is COLD!!!

EDIT: In the video above, there are lights on the ship, but it could be emergency lighting, available via battery power with a main power cut.

Not sure, hard to tell, but it does look like the ship is moving directly towards the support.m, so possibly not under rudder/steering control.

Last edited:
I’m only going from the video in the first post, but it looks like lights are on the ship until it hits the bridge, then the bridge falling on the ship shuts the lights down.

CNN reporting vehicles fell into the water and they’re searching for up to 20 people. The water is COLD!!!
Whatever the cause, that is the worse part. Those poor people going into pitch black, freezing cold water from that height.

Flimsy? Don't think there is a bridge in the world that takes the momentum of a cargo ship to it suppost and stays up.
There's an engineer on BBC at the moment talking about how progress has been made to help reduce damage to bridges being struck like this since this one was built in the seventies. Some of this can be retro-fitted, so therefore some will get damaged less than others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.