9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

We often look a better, more fluid side with Alvarez up front instead. That's just the truth. Haaland is obviously exceptional at what he's good at, but his overall game leaves a lot to be desired right now.

It's hard to argue that someone who scores so many goals isn't exceptional but maybe there's a case for looking at his role in the team.
For example although he is a big man I don't think that the 'big man" target man role really suits him and he needs to be running off someone more. So I would like to see us building up away from him so he doesn't have his back to goal maybe even use someone a bit more nimble as the "target man" when getting upfield.

It's hard to argue that someone who scores so many goals isn't exceptional but maybe there's a case for looking at his role in the team.
For example although he is a big man I don't think that the 'big man" target man role really suits him and he needs to be running off someone more. So I would like to see us building up away from him so he doesn't have his back to goal maybe even use someone a bit more nimble as the "target man" when getting upfield.
Yeah balls into the air to him to head on really isn't his play, in fact he loses most of them which is quite confusing considering his height. I think he needs to work on balls into his chest and feet and making sure he doesn't lose them - i do think he's improved in this area but we don't help him at times with nobody close to him and i think that's why Pep moved KDB closer to him last season.
We're still not using the balls in behind for him either, given there's not as much space in behind when City play anyone, i do think as a team we can do more in pulling out opposition and we should be using him much better on the break.

Absolutely flabbergasted at the Palmer stuff. He's the only bright spark in a 10th place Chelsea side who won't have European football next season, whose lack of discipline in keeping and retaining the ball meant they got dragged into one of the lowest quality games of football I can remember against two "big six" sides. I hold nothing against him, but to compare him to treble winning, title chasing Haaland doing a disciplined job in the best team in the world is fucking insane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.