9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Maybe. A lot of the fluid quick stuff was happening without Alvarez touching the ball. We moved it much quicker than we have done in ages and having real width helped. There were times when we could put the ball across early and i think it would have suited Haaland last night. Will be interesting to see how it works with a similar line up and Haaland upfront. Yes Erling has his faults but it’s not like we’ve not played fast football in the past with Haaland playing.
Alvarez is always worth watching even when he doesn't have the ball. He knows when to dart between lines but also when to move across the entirety of the front line. That makes him elusive and disruptive for defences, which in turn creates space for the midfielders to flood into. Haaland's strength is drawing players to him to create space for others, but Alvarez is more adept at helping stretch opponents across the pitch.

The issue is haaland doesn’t posses the technique to play quickly so that hampers us in the build up etc and we become one dimensional.

The way we play Alvarez is the better option imo
Alvarez isn't good technically either. His first touch can be laughably bad at times and he gives away far too many fouls. He looks like he should be way better in the build-up than Haaland but I don't think he actually is.

Alvarez isn't good technically either. His first touch can be laughably bad at times and he gives away far too many fouls. He looks like he should be way better in the build-up than Haaland but I don't think he actually is.

It's only weeks since Alvarez lost the ball every 3 minutes against Liverpool from poor control but apparently he's turned into David Silva since then.

People won’t like it but we sre a better team with Alvarez as the striker. We are more fluid, have a better build up, better pressing from the front and Alvarez drifts across the front creating overloads and pulling defenders out of position.

Haaland is the better striker but Alvarez makes us a better team imo
i like it cause i like to see us beat teams comfortably whilst playing attractive football

as a unit i'd say that's the best our front 6 have played for a long time, and it's landed us one of our best results of the season, despite missing 4 regular starters at the back

People won’t like it but we sre a better team with Alvarez as the striker. We are more fluid, have a better build up, better pressing from the front and Alvarez drifts across the front creating overloads and pulling defenders out of position.

Haaland is the better striker but Alvarez makes us a better team imo
We'll sell Haaland by next summer. Just gotta give Laporta some time to launder money and sell more assets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.