Israel-Palestine Conflict

The big problem is one of perception.

Some people think that the state of Israel on creation wanted to live peaceably side by side with their Palestinian neighbours but Arab neighbours didn't want this and attacked were defeated and from then on Israel has been defending itself pluckily against overwhelming odds.

The other narrative is that Israel always had expansionist ideas, how else could it be with the enormous influx of Jews. Israel needed more space. So apart from the Nakhba they've been steadily eroding and undermining Palestine both geographically and politically ever since.

I think the second reading is correct mainly because of the words of Ben Gurion and other Zionist leaders. These were practical people who understood from the get go that plonking an essentially western state in the middle of the middle east was going to face huge challenges that could only be overcome by using superior force.

I have tried to stay away from the discussion surround Israel and Palestine recently because it was beginning to have an impact on my mental health, especially seeing so many (on and off the forum) attempt to equivocate genocide and/or seemingly shrug off the dangerous far-right psychosis currently at the heart of Israeli government.

But I did want to say that the attempted Iran attack this weekend was desired as much by the Netanyahu regime as it was the Iranian government. And this is not just my opinion—this stance is shared by many respected analysts and a large portion of the Israeli public. Many see the attack as intentionally weak so that Iran could be seen as responding to Israel’s bombing of their embassy in Syria, whilst not actually doing much damage, in an attempt to avoid real direct escalation. That was a miscalculation, in my opinion, though, as the far-right Israeli regime was looking for an action to legitimise broadening (and extending) their war, as well as to support their continued assertions that the must stay in power in order to ensure Israel’s safety and security. It also allows them to make the case that western allies must increase their military support for Israel.

This was, in many ways, exactly what Netanyahu (et al) wanted and is one targeted goal of the embassy bombing.

The far-right regime will continue to provócate (whilst saying they are attempting to deescalate).

So the BBC have just done a segment on the damage Irans drones and missiles have caused in Israel, moreso the houses. If only the Gaza Strip got this much attention.
View attachment 114482
Is that someone’s patio stone? So they have damaged the equivalent of a paving slab?

How did we in West became such puppets to a hyenious murderous genocidial regime that is Israel.

Watching Germany with its support and funding shows that the Germans have learnt nothing about being on the right side of history. They are moving from one holocaust to assisting a similar evil regime to be demonstrably complicit in another.

Is that someone’s patio stone? So they have damaged the equivalent of a paving slab?

How did we in West became such puppets to a hyenious murderous genocidial regime that is Israel.

Watching Germany with its support and funding shows that the Germans have learnt nothing about being on the right side of history. They are moving from one holocaust to assisting a similar evil regime to be demonstrably complicit in another.
That is a tile on the dining room floor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.