Gate locked on ginnel to The Townley

When I lived at my previous house there was a cut through that had a 7 foot metal gate at the end of the avenue that led via fields to the estate which was rough as fuck and full of scrotes. We had constant problems with anti-social behaviour, cars getting damaged, shouting, swearing, fights, the metal gate getting banged against the wall, etc, especially at the weekends when people came down the avenue drunk. The residents of the avenue complained to the council about what was going on and the gates was looked after 9pm. The residents of the estate weren’t happy as they had to walk further to get to the pub, shops, and to get home. They started a campaign, trying to damage the gate, climbing over the gate after 9pm, kicking it to make a loud noise, etc. The council eventually opened the gate 24/7 again. In the end I sold the house. I hated living there.

Last edited:
View attachment 114167

Can't see why they would close this other than the residents complaining about the footfall.
Here's a mad idea, don't live next door to a massive stadium if you want a quiet Saturday afternoon. It's like the Night & Day situation in town, entitled twats who moved in 5 minutes ago moaning because a music venue that's been there 30 years is a bit noisy. YER FUCKING RECKON.

Manchester won the bid to host the 2002 Commonwealth Games in 1995 so around that time people would've known a massive stadium would be built on that site. I have sympathy for people who've lived there since before then, but 1995 is a long time ago now so there can't be many surely.

And I bet the area is a lot safer and houses worth more money now all the cash has ploughed in than it was before. Before the investment from the council and City that area was a post-apocalyptic industrial wasteland slag heap.

Here's a mad idea, don't live next door to a massive stadium if you want a quiet Saturday afternoon. It's like the Night & Day situation in town, entitled twats who moved in 5 minutes ago moaning because a music venue that's been there 30 years is a bit noisy. YER FUCKING RECKON.

Manchester won the bid to host the 2002 Commonwealth Games in 1995 so around that time people would've known a massive stadium would be built on that site. I have sympathy for people who've lived there since before then, but 1995 is a long time ago now so there can't be many surely.

And I bet the area is a lot safer and houses worth more money now all the cash has ploughed in than it was before. Before the investment from the council and City that area was a post-apocalyptic industrial wasteland slag heap.

Yeah...but apart from that ?

:)

You are so detached from reality it's hard to know where to begin.

The council estate I live on (a mile from the stadium) is 52 years old, so I'd imagine the houses around the ground predate 1995.

I'm guessing the majority of the residents on that estate lived there long before the stadium was even thought of.

The idea that people in one of the poorest areas of inner city Manchester have sufficient options to choose where they'd like to live is preposterous.

You are so detached from reality it's hard to know where to begin.

The council estate I live on (a mile from the stadium) is 52 years old, so I'd imagine the houses around the ground predate 1995.

I'm guessing the majority of the residents on that estate lived there long before the stadium was even thought of.

The idea that people in one of the poorest areas of inner city Manchester have sufficient options to choose where they'd like to live is preposterous.

People do this weird thing called moving house.

Just because the houses predate 1995 it doesn’t mean everyone who lives there now lived there at the time.

Like I said, I’ve got sympathy for residents who lived there before the ground was built but I bet even with the crowds on matchday it’s a heck of a nicer place to live now than it was before.

And none of that entitles people to illegally block a public right of way.

Most of the houses round the ground look like council houses to me.

You take pretty much anything you can these days or you’ll be waiting forever.

People do this weird thing called moving house.

Just because the houses predate 1995 it doesn’t mean everyone who lives there now lived there at the time.

Like I said, I’ve got sympathy for residents who lived there before the ground was built but I bet even with the crowds on matchday it’s a heck of a nicer place to live now than it was before.

And none of that entitles people to illegally block a public right of way.
Where do suggest they move to? Alderley Edge? Wilmslow? Hale Barns?

People who pay rent to the local council move house less than the average UK citizen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.