Gate locked on ginnel to The Townley

My mate told me there was a sign on it saying “locked for the benefit of residents” or similar tripe.

If that path has been used on a daily basis since the stadium opened surely that constitutes a right of way?
‘To establish that a way has become a right of way by means of presumed dedication it is necessary to show firstly that there has been uninterrupted use as of right by the public (not necessarily the same people all the time) over a period of 20 years.’

The stadium was opened for the Commonwealth Games in 2002. 2024-2002 = 22
Just my two ‘pennorth.

Obstructing a public right of way is a criminal offence’
Wooo, look at you Ally McBeal

I park on the street just on the other side of the gates every game as i have a disabled badge. It is the residents that put the padlocks on. I have watched them do it. The gate on the next street down (facing new city store) is locked and unlocked by the same resident every game. I've thought about getting a padlock myself and putting it on the gate when it is open, so he can't fit his own padlock. This could easily be done to all gates, they can't fit their own padlocks then. It seems the residents have taken it upen themselves to decide the gates, pathways and streets can't be used on match days
Probably a southerner that’s moved up north and doesn’t like the public passing his house. Bit like the lady opposite Night & Day complaining about the noise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.