Cole Palmer

I’m pleased to see Palmer doing well at Chelsea, as it’s testament to our academy and I wish him all the best. Was disappointed when we sold him, but he was never going to get the freedom or minutes that he enjoys at Chelsea here. It’s futile to dwell on it every time he has a good performance. We’re hardly struggling ourselves.
A calm and measured post.

He wouldn’t be playing every week at City. He has a free role at Chelsea. You don’t get a free roll in Pep’s teams.

Unfortunately the Chelsea game is going to be a lot harder than most of us thought it would be when the draw was made. There’s now a chance City could get beat, depending on the team Pep puts out after the Real Madrid match, and with Brighton away in the PL next week.

I think it’s partly a by-product of having a world class academy. There will be times when we produce outstanding talents who end up leaving the club and going on to do well elsewhere. Can be for a multitude of reasons (impatience, agents, no clear pathway to first team, not the right fit for the manager etc). We can’t keep them all, but I’d certainly rather be producing them than not.

The biggest obstacle for younger players is consistency

Hes clearly both very talented and having a very good season, but let's see how he does in his 2nd season, and the 3rd and so on to see where he ends

Haaland was the top young striker in world football and even he has struggled to really replicate his first season.

Sane and Jesus were two players who hit the ground running, then struggled a little, then had good/great seasons, but eventually found themselves out the team and leaving the club

All I can say is that I'm delighted he's enjoying himself and fulfilling his potential, he's one of our own and it's just amazing to see him take his chance that he fully deserved

He wouldn’t be playing every week at City. He has a free role at Chelsea. You don’t get a free roll in Pep’s teams.

Unfortunately the Chelsea game is going to be a lot harder than most of us thought it would be when the draw was made. There’s now a chance City could get beat, depending on the team Pep puts out after the Real Madrid match, and with Brighton away in the PL next week.
A big part in the Treble was having an easy semi-final against Sheff U. No such luxury this time. However, if we only play with one striker then I fancy our chances. The extra body in midfield is what was missing in both games against them in the league.

Got tons of stick earlier on this thread- ‘bang average’ , ‘overated’, ‘media darling’ etc

Definitely proved a fair few wrong. The boy is class. England lucky to have talent like him, Foden, Bellingham, Saka and more.
Tbf not everyone was like this. I thought he was fuckin brilliant and it seems Chelsea have an absolute bargain now.

Fair fucks to them for paying the £45Million.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.