Cole Palmer

He's a good player with massive potential,.and he's had an excellent season....

But....

I don't see who he replaces at City in midfield....Silva ? De Bruyne? Foden? Nope....

Maybe in time, but he wasn't prepared to wait sadly, although understandably... I remember all the criticism of Foden and Pep for his lack of game time initially...and look how shit that turned out .

He wanted first team premier league football this season, and he is good enough.

But not good enough for City ....yet
Correct.

He would not have got regular minutes for City in the position he plays in for Chelsea.

Wouldn't displace any of those you mention, so correct decision for him and the club to move on.

Yet another notch in the belt for the Academy.

I’m sure coaches/DoFs of other Premier League clubs are taking note, and looking to our set-up for reinforcements for next season.

The PL YPOTY has only been a thing since 2020. Trent won it in it's first year but then City have dominated it since then Foden winning it twice, Haaland last season and now City academy product Palmer this season :)

I'm sure there's been a couple of years when the same player received both awards.
I think you're right, but I have a feeling this won't be one of them, partly because Cole has burst on to the scene rather than being a young player with a couple of top-notch seasons behind him. Just my opinion though, and hope, but both Cole and Phil have been excellent.

Palmer is a fantastic player and well deserved ypoty award, but I think Oscar Bobb is the better all round player, Bobb movement and passing in that fa cup game at Spurs was up there and that “quick feet” take it round the goalie finish at Newcastle was world class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.