Real Madrid post match post mortem

Haaland is not scoring regularly this season and not in the big games. Last year he wins us that game. Something needs to change next season. The team is not playing to his strength and he is not playing to ours. It’s a puzzler which pep would need to be all over going forward.
I feel he would've scored a penalty though.

I’d rather our oil money brothers PSG win it and continue to ‘ruin’ football. Fuck the rest of them. Madrid and Bayern are the Spanish and German rags and Dortmund are the German scousers.
Thanks. That made me chuckle. Needed that.

'I wouldn't plan for that'​

FT: Man City 1-1 Real Madrid (agg: 4-4, 3-4 pens)
bf564cea-1ffe-4c66-8bfe-120591a2b0b2.jpg

Guillem Balague
Spanish football journalist on BBC Radio 5 Live
On Real Madrid's game plan...
I wouldn't plan for that. They didn't [defend well]. Erling Haaland's header that hit the bar... If that is a bit lower, it goes in.
The chance for Kevin de Bruyne - the game would have ended then.
Madrid conceded a lot of possession and defended a lot. Nine times out of 10, the win would have gone to City.

Best team lost, but breaking down a 10 man defence has been kryptonite all season.

Didn’t start playing until they scored, but from then on we dominated…but without making the difference AGAIN.

Had chances to win it but didn’t take them. You’d have put money on KDB and Foden getting those shots on target and at least one of them going in, but wasn’t to be.

Lads were dead on their feet at the end, so can’t complain about effort, but the one thing I can complain about is the complete lack of taking shots from outside the box. Even with a crowded box, you have the chance of a bad deflection and, if nothing else, you force them to come out a bit and open up some space to work on every now and then.

Not going to complain. Played our best team and we couldn’t break them down. EVERYONE could see who the best team was, but life doesn’t care, because its goals that matter and we don’t take our chances, few and far in between though they were.

The less said about the two pens the better!

When Eddie saved their first, I was ecstatic, because he never saves them. But clearly Lunin was in on the joke for Bernie’s Panenka and Kova telegraphed his side, and the keeper almost dived over it!

Now it’s time to recover and go again on Saturday. In tomorrow for massage & cryo & treatment, then walk through on Friday before heading south, then put out best team available for Saturday. Even our subs have the ability to beat Chelsea, but there are no easy games come March and this is a key challenge!

Brighton is a Thursday game, so worry about that AFTER Saturday, and after 3 days off!

Still have the chance to make history by doing back to back Doubles, but can Pep and the Captains lift the team?

Men, it’s time to step forward.

I’d rather our oil money brothers PSG win it and continue to ‘ruin’ football. Fuck the rest of them. Madrid and Bayern are the Spanish and German rags and Dortmund are the German scousers.
Don't care who wins it if it's not us (as long as it's not the dippers or rags obviously).

They’re no great side, but we’ve gone backwards. Might get away with the league title, having not beaten a top side, but major surgery needed in the summer.
Might get away with league title?
Major surgery needed ?
We’ve been beaten by the most successful team in European history on penalties for gods sake. We’re top of the toughest domestic league in world football and we need major surgery !
We’re in the semi finals of the FA Cup !
How long have you been following football ?
Your not and will never be entitled to win trebles every year, it’s a new team from last season that hopefully will improve but even then sometimes you lose .

Im fairly philosophical about it. We lost by the slenderest of margins. The boys outplayed RM. We now go for the 4th title to break that record.

Our enemies will talk of a failed double-treble not realising they have to acknowledge we did the treble already.

RM were there for the taking though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.