Real Madrid post match post mortem

Shit comment and utter and totally disrespectful to a wonderful City player.
Every player has their weaknesses. With Eddie it's penalties, I can understand having him at the post for conceded penalties at normal time (it would be crazy to take your best keeper out just so the replacement might save a penalty conceded at 60 minutes of normal time) but when it goes to a penalty shootout, he should be replaced.

He saved one out of 5 and even scored one
I know, My original post was a response to someone asking for more penalty trainings and I was saying Eddie just isn't good at Penalties, I'm not being disrespectful or anything, the stats are there for all to see. When the game goes to an all out shootout, replace him with Ortega. Preparing for penalties is a basic or foundational training for German and Dutch keepers. Certain things at this point might just be too late, like Pep trying to teach Walker the midfield role two seasons ago, just use the guy who's good at it.

Look, I'm just saying it like it is. The only preparations we can do at this point is throw Ortega in when it's time for penalties. I fear it's too late for Eddy to improve in saving penalties, he just doesn't seem interested in doing that.

Fucking hell.

"He doesn't seem interested"

Some of the stuff people come out with

The thing is, right... what it is, is Kyle pulled us out of many last ditch shit shows tonight with his speed and covering ground. Vinicius was pocketed, again!
He played well. Was at fault for the goal, but when you trace it back, there were numerous other players that didn't do their job to stop that goal.
Was he more at fault than Dias who made two errors in that build up for me.

I know, My original post was a response to someone asking for more penalty trainings and I was saying Eddie just isn't good at Penalties, I'm not being disrespectful or anything, the stats are there for all to see. When the game goes to an all out shootout, replace him with Ortega. Preparing for penalties is a basic or foundational training for German and Dutch keepers. Certain things at this point might just be too late, like Pep trying to teach Walker the midfield role two seasons ago, just use the guy who's good at it.
Okay I get your point mate, although I’m pretty sure someone dug out Ortega’s penalty record last season and it was almost the same as Eddie’s.

Every player has their weaknesses. With Eddie it's penalties, I can understand having him at the post for conceded penalties at normal time (it would be crazy to take your best keeper out just so the replacement might save a penalty conceded at 60 minutes of normal time) but when it goes to a penalty shootout, he should be replaced.
In most shootouts, saving one pen is enough. You can’t legislate for us missing two, one of which was a ridiculous attempt given the importance of the situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.