Real Madrid post match post mortem

Madrid are a team built for the CL. They really don't have to worry about their domestic league, they'll qualify for the CL every season as a minimum. Look at the break they had before our game and they still couldn't beat us.

Meanwhile we, and English clubs in general, have an attritional and competitive domestic league to concern ourselves with. It's not an even playing field, which makes it a bigger achievement when an English club wins it imo.

yep, still wondering how first leg goes if they dont have 9 days to relax and we have Palace and Villa in the meantime both must wins.

we are somehow underwinning CL imo, dont think there is a better side than us since the final we lost in 2021.
Chelsea 2021
Real 2022
City 2023
Real/Bayern/PSG or Dortmund 2024

not one another side above that is better than City. eventual winners likely had to beat us to win the trophy in 21 also 22 and imo Real gonna take it again.

the way we dominated most of the two legs in 2022 vs Real and how we dominated home leg vs Real now, its a shame we cannot turn dominating performances into going next round. thats something we need to learn.

at least we managed to break the previous line of failures when we exited vs lot lesser squads like Lyon, Monaco, Spurs because none of those team at that stage should have qualified over us. last we few years we exit vs the top level clubs even tho its bitter as we are better than them.

we had a tie vs Real back under Pellegrini in the semis, which was our first ever CL semis but over two legs we didnt even lay a hand on them. we were bit spineless, we were scared of them, respected them too much even in the home leg. of course that was sick strong Real side.
Marcelo, Pepe, Ramos defence, Kroos, Modric, Casemiro all 7/8 years younger, Benzema, Bale, CR etc. (Isco, Varane, James Rodriguez on bench etc)

we came a long way but still we need to learn to go ahead and punish opponents when we dominate them so much.
being effective with chances won real this tie. if that KDB chance late falls to Benzema or Rodrigo or Vinicius its a gooal in such a high pressure moment deciding a CL tie.

next season the format changes a bit, probably needs a bit of shakeup as the group stage is very dull and can be predicted 95% of clubs going through but more games, ore injuries, more rotation coming up too, and we need to finish high up so we get better draws later on.

Had to follow the match on bbc sport website . Was in a football desert . No coverage in Santorini. Was gutted the next day but from a fan since the seventies point of view . I never imagined City in the position the present team is at now . And I enjoy these times let’s hammer the rags again at Wembley . CTID

seeing the rm v bm stuff before the game tonight sucks.

I live a good 200miles away from the ground. Since we started playing in the CL ive made it the competition I make the journey for. I think Ive missed maybe 3 home games in total across the years.

I got home at 4:30am after the quarter final. I was gutted then. It’s all come back this morning. I had stupidly allowed myself to be convinced we’d be there in the semi. I keep playing back in my head Kev’s chance close to the end.

No one has a right to make it through, but I just wanted one more live game this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.