Real Madrid post match post mortem

Was he more at fault than Dias who made two errors in that build up for me.
First part of our game was poor as we didn't really have a plan. You'd think first fifteen keep it really tight but press with real conviction. We just drifted into the game and it made it a very comfortable start for an average Real team. Fair play Ancelotti..he is so pragmatic.

First part of our game was poor as we didn't really have a plan. You'd think first fifteen keep it really tight but press with real conviction. We just drifted into tge game and it made it a cery comfortable start for an average Real team. Fair play Ancelotti..he is so pragmatic.
It did. They got their confidence in that first period. They played well initially and we didn’t. When Ederson had the ball for about 20 seconds and had no one to pass too, it summed up our start. Only De Bruyne and Akanji started the game well for me. The rest looked nervy and isolated.

Whilst we do create chances they are nowhere near as frequent as they once were. The De Bruyne one was very good and Foden's was a bit more than a half chance, but think the original poster has a point that we don't seem to create as many.

Feels like in past few seasons we could miss 3 or 4 chances and be ok because another 2 or 3 will come along. Now it's a case of having to take every chance we make because they're harder to come by.

Thinking back to the Madrid semi final last season, we were hammering their goal before we scored and missed loads in between the goals we got too.
It’s the big chances though that you need. We had 3, took 1, and missed the others - that was the difference - look at the XG. Still, as someone says ‘it’s football’

Have had a little time to think about and it’s dawned on me that Ancellotti played a blinder, in that he played the tie BACKWARDS, knowing he had extra time & penalty kicks at the end.

To explain, Ancellotti played this second leg like it was a first leg away, which means he played it not to lose and take the draw, if necessary…knowing he was confident in his team winning penalties with a keeper that has SAVED OVER ONE THIRD OF THE PKS HE HAS FACED!

In the first leg, Ancellotti played as if it was the Second Keg, and went Hell for leather trying to break on City and hit shots from outside the box on the run.

Regardless, he knew he wasn’t going to get done like he was done last season and made the adjustment to play the First Leg like it was the Second Leg, and when they didn’t win, was even more determined that the Second Leg would be played like the First Leg.

That’s coaching in Europe like a Boss.

In most shootouts, saving one pen is enough. You can’t legislate for us missing two, one of which was a ridiculous attempt given the importance of the situation.

We got the advantage with the first round of kicks and should have been driving it home with the next. Only Bernardo will know what possessed him to go down the middle and make it that easy for the keeper to read.

You could see in the body language of the teams when it went to penalties. Madrid were all back slapping and loving it as they knew they couldn’t win the game in normal time and had dragged City to a situation they shouldn’t have been in as they battered them all game. Our lot seemed to be transmitting concern we were in a shootout with the opportunity to win it under normal conditions gone.

Have had a little time to think about and it’s dawned on me that Ancellotti played a blinder, in that he played the tie BACKWARDS, knowing he had extra time & penalty kicks at the end.

To explain, Ancellotti played this second leg like it was a first leg away, which means he played it not to lose and take the draw, if necessary…knowing he was confident in his team winning penalties with a keeper that has SAVED OVER ONE THIRD OF THE PKS HE HAS FACED!

In the first leg, Ancellotti played as if it was the Second Keg, and went Hell for leather trying to break on City and hit shots from outside the box on the run.

Regardless, he knew he wasn’t going to get done like he was done last season and made the adjustment to play the First Leg like it was the Second Leg, and when they didn’t win, was even more determined that the Second Leg would be played like the First Leg.

That’s coaching in Europe like a Boss.
Hoping for a silly Bernardo penalty after 120 minutes isn’t coaching like a boss.

Total media blackout for me now until Saturday morning..
City did their best but it wasn’t to be…..
We can still do the double and win an unprecedented 4th title in a row..

We have to keep our heads up and blow the roof off Wembley for the lads on Saturday ..
it’s still great to be a Blue, nothing will wipe the smile on my face off, it’s been there for 12 years now and I bet it’s still there in 12 more…

Unless City kill me before then :-)

PATHETIC.. BOTTLERS..

Get to fuck with that shite..we lost to a team that didn't have the guts to take us on in a game of football.
We should have won a game where we dominated every aspect of it apart from scoring and yeah I know that's the important part.
I can't believe that anybody can question our players regarding bottle etc after what we have done this season..the players are running on empty after a grueling season coming on the back of a Treble winning season.
I'm gutted we are out but I've always said winning the title is the most important thing for me and I'm sure a majority of our fans.
We should be fucking proud of our players not calling them pathetic..bottlers etc.
If we do the double I will be absolutely delighted with this season..would that count as a quad as we have already won the Super Cup and World Club Competition.
Now is the time to get behind the team and hopefully we win on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.