Real Madrid post match post mortem

You have to be kidding. Bernie has scored some spectacular goals for City, including not that long ago. Get in the bin.

Of course he gets a few goals, often spectacular, but he’s not a reliable finisher is he. It’s probably the weakest part of his game.

You can't just pass ball around and expect something good to happend,there was opportunity for shots on goal,but no one was shoting, if you shot it can deflect and who knows but no we want to walk we the ball in goal,in Madrid all three goals that we scored were from outside penaly area.
Pep limits players by not allowing them freedom.

We don't use Haaland the best way we can.
What is with corners, over 10 off them taken and not even one good weird tactic.
Teams who defend deep looks like issue again.
People saying we played good.Did we?What did we create not many chances,what we did is controll possesion.
Lol

It’s actually a fair point. It would be worth him trying to focus on the ball, just the ball, as the taker approaches. You get half a second to see the foot position so you know which way it’s going and can dive there every time. You won’t save the good ones but if you go the right way every time you’re in with a shout

This season looking at the top teams we have played. In the champions league only Real Madrid really. How many wins?

In the league we have played Arsenal twice, Liverpool twice, Spurs once. How many wins? We played Villa away and lost but thankfully Emery turned out a reserve team at ours and we beat them. That's the top 5 teams.

I would say 1 win in 9 games shows our inability to see off good teams is a regular occurrence
I’ve just looked at the league table to check

I think its his touch not fitness thats the issue. Cant teach that at his age.. thats natural talent developed since a kid.. he hasn't got that

It's the pain in his foot and I think he is having pain injections, So maybe he can not feel the ball properly on his foot.
Maybe he needs surgery in the summer and a good pre-season and he will be flying next season

In a nutshell, we played Real Madrid off the park.

We could have and should have put at least one of our other chances away but we sadly didn't.

That doesn't change fact that we were absolutely streets ahead of them and limited them to only 3 shots on target.

It took a 'guess which way' penalty shoot-out for them to go through, helped by Bernardo's brain fart penalty kick.

If you look at the 120 minutes of actual football - my goodness we're a bloody good team and play some beautiful football.

The better team sometimes doesn't win - but if football is about entertainment, I was entertained big time last night by our boys. They were amazing.

We are a brilliant team, there's no dounting that, mostly because we are so well coached. Their players will know they were second best, not that they'll care because they went through.

Even so, next season we have to address the problem of not putting good teams to bed. It's been a problem this season against the top 4 or 5 in the league, just the one win, and its bitten us on the arse last night really. We might get away with it in the league because you can compensate against other sides, but not in knockout football at this level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.