How's your mood after the RM game?

I'm proud of the team and it's coach, they gave everything but just fell short on the night, that's elite level sport. They made mighty Real Madrid play like a plucky underdog which shows how far we've come. I'm gutted for the team but don't actually feel too bad myself, there's a way to lose that doesn't damage your belief and last night was an example of that. So, congratulations to Madrid that was an excellent defensive performance, see you again next year.

Meh, it's always annoying losing on penalties. Nobody can say we were outplayed by Madrid over the two legs, we were (as usual) wasteful with our chances which could have buried the tie.

I'm not disappointed and if anything means we must now go all out to secure a Domestic Double.

feel a bit disappointed to go out after outplaying them, that is the tough part of cup competitions i guess and we move on. Was quietly impressed with all my mates saying we're clearly the best team on the planet during the game.

Getting a bit brassed off with some fans getting a bit nowty with certain players, they gave it their all.

Determined to go on and win the league. The FA Cup is a bonus, could see Chelsea winning on Saturday to be honest possibly after extra time or penalties
The league is the big one and must be won now.

I’m not that arsed about losing on penalties, even though we should have beaten them over two legs, but I am concerned and a bit worried because the defeat highlighted some shortcomings in the squad and some looming issues around players leaving.

We lack creativity around the box, our tactics look a bit tired and De Bruyne can’t quite do the things physically that he could do a couple of years ago. Haaland obviously is in a horrible run of form, no matter how much we dress it up, and we need to buy two or three quality midfielders in the summer given the need to replace Bernado and get somebody to play next to Rodri.

Don’t want to sound overly negative because we can still do the double and that would be a remarkable achievement following last year. Plus I think the players are generally exhausted after last season. But we need to address a number of issues if we want to remain at the very top, and we need to do much better recruitment-wise this summer than we did last.

Frustrated today, very frustrated. You shouldn’t really lose to an inferior opponent in a two legged tie. Why did we? Well, for all the possession, we just don’t create enough chances. It’s a conundrum really, we created buckets full of chances for years, but lacked a clinical striker, particularly when Sergio was out. We now have THE clinical striker, but we often seem totally unable to create chances for him, especially against the better teams.
Deep breath, go again, I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.