North Stand Expansion

On the cablenet and complexities around that I would suggest those interested have a look at application CDN/23/0721 and the "CMP and Method Statement" document if you haven't already. Takes you through the programme and logistics and pages 23-25 cover the roof. I've read it several times and I'm still struggling!

Core Construction.png

This is job one. It's a temporary support to the existing roof enabling them to remove the backstays and then construct the new concrete structure.
Load Transfer.png
They clamp onto the temporary support and monitor the load at all times to ensure it works as calculated.

Roof re-propping.png

The existing roof is propped (shown in red) enabling them to remove the rear section (shown in green).
Roof removal.png

Cladding to the existing North Stand roof will be stripped between unbraced roof rafters (in a hit and miss fashion shown as the red panels on Diagram 7J) as soon as there is weather protection from the new roof above.

The existing roof rafters will be removed in braced pairs as soon as the 2024 / 2025 season finishes. Mobile cranes, standing on a membrane to protect the football pitch, will rotate each pair of rafters down around the pin connection at the base of the rear V column support. Once the rafter tips are touching the ground a larger crane will be deployed to lift out braced pairs and lay down on the pitch protection for dismantling and removal from site.

Just wondering what the general feelings are about this extension now, are we happy about its design, look and best use of space and resource ( money) ?
I would have thought that's all been covered up until it's finished TBH. I keep changing my mind on the COOP Live and that's pretty much done.

PXL-20240413-135529851-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240413-135541838-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240413-135606144-MP-2.jpg

Stand corrected on this.

That is the last row of seating at the back that backs on to the back of NSL2? Set back and slightly above the seats will be the hotel room terraces overlooking NSL2. Above NSL2 and hotel room terraces will be the floating 3rd tier with the restaurant inside the NS. The NS roof is above that.

Screenshot-20240414-150357-2.png

PXL-20240413-135638502-MP-2.jpg

Compare the height of the current steel structure, including the seat rows, to the current NS roof opposite. Massive!

PXL-20240413-135740055-MP-2.jpg

Screenshot-20240414-115310-3.png
wow that's crazy quick. From nothing to this in a few weeks

On the cablenet and complexities around that I would suggest those interested have a look at application CDN/23/0721 and the "CMP and Method Statement" document if you haven't already. Takes you through the programme and logistics and pages 23-25 cover the roof. I've read it several times and I'm still struggling!

View attachment 114992

This is job one. It's a temporary support to the existing roof enabling them to remove the backstays and then construct the new concrete structure.
View attachment 114993
They clamp onto the temporary support and monitor the load at all times to ensure it works as calculated.

View attachment 114994

The existing roof is propped (shown in red) enabling them to remove the rear section (shown in green).
View attachment 114995

Cladding to the existing North Stand roof will be stripped between unbraced roof rafters (in a hit and miss fashion shown as the red panels on Diagram 7J) as soon as there is weather protection from the new roof above.

The existing roof rafters will be removed in braced pairs as soon as the 2024 / 2025 season finishes. Mobile cranes, standing on a membrane to protect the football pitch, will rotate each pair of rafters down around the pin connection at the base of the rear V column support. Once the rafter tips are touching the ground a larger crane will be deployed to lift out braced pairs and lay down on the pitch protection for dismantling and removal from site.

Excellent. Thank you.

Sounds like the temporary load transfer for the cable net is a big job as expected.

The bit about removing the back of the current roof and propping the rest up was also done with the South Stand.

IMG_9792.jpeg

View attachment 114992

View attachment 114993

View attachment 114994

View attachment 114995

That’s fantastic information, thank you

View attachment 114992

View attachment 114993

View attachment 114994

View attachment 114995

Brilliant find pal. That'll be good to read through, but very on topic to the discussions on here.

The cheap seats will be expanded in SSL3, I agree that North Stand won’t be cheap as it’ll be the place to be.
If they get this right (which they won't) they should make this new end the cheapest part of the stadium but make it accesible to long serving and vocal fans. They could even sell the season tickets on a points basis. They could address so many issues at once. Atmosphere and ticket price unrest. The two are almost hand-in-hand because it's the working class fans who make the noise and who are the most disillusioned. Also the PR would be superb: club of the people and all that.

What an opportunity they have. They blew it once with the south stand extension and I bet they blow this one again.

Anyone else think we are gonna be charged to enter the 3000 capacity fan zone ? Maybe a one off payment or even match to match. I’ve just got a feeling it isn’t gonna be a free for all, they may even tie it into facilities at the coop, throw in a drink & programme. What got me thinking was the 3000 capacity is constantly used in descriptions & ticketmaster are selling access tickets to concert goers for early entry, a drink, vip bar before & after, for £35!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.