Elvis Costello - Buxton

Idesofmarch69

Team supported
Swindon
Just noticed that Elvis was playing Buxton Opera House in September and had a look for tickets as he would be good in a smaller venue. Unfortunately, a seat in the stalls was £109 through their box office.
I think he's a superb artist but I'd only pay that if he was playing in my lounge and I could invite friends.
Think I'll settle for The Men They Couldn't Hang at Gorilla in May. Less than £25.

When did it become a thing that to see well-known artists costs that much or am I just getting old?

Just noticed that Elvis was playing Buxton Opera House in September and had a look for tickets as he would be good in a smaller venue. Unfortunately, a seat in the stalls was £109 through their box office.
I think he's a superb artist but I'd only pay that if he was playing in my lounge and I could invite friends.
Think I'll settle for The Men They Couldn't Hang at Gorilla in May. Less than £25.

When did it become a thing that to see well-known artists costs that much or am I just getting old?
Should be £65 top wack…..

They charge what people are willing to pay sadly.

Gig ticket prices are mental these days. A punk band from America called NOFX are playing a couple of dates over here in June, they are hardly a household name but the tickets are £85.... Its getting ridiculous

Gig ticket prices are mental these days. A punk band from America called NOFX are playing a couple of dates over here in June, they are hardly a household name but the tickets are £85.... Its getting ridiculous
I couldn't afford to leave the house if I was back there.

Just bought two tickets to see Yard Act over here. $43cdn ea - about 25 quid.

I think it cost me about 75p to go to 'Stiff's Live Stiffs', when Elvis Costello was at his absolute best with the Attractions, as were Ian Dury, Wreckless Eric etc.

The world has gone f*ckin mad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.