Elvis Costello - Buxton

Just noticed that Elvis was playing Buxton Opera House in September and had a look for tickets as he would be good in a smaller venue. Unfortunately, a seat in the stalls was £109 through their box office.
I think he's a superb artist but I'd only pay that if he was playing in my lounge and I could invite friends.
Think I'll settle for The Men They Couldn't Hang at Gorilla in May. Less than £25.

When did it become a thing that to see well-known artists costs that much or am I just getting old?
I agree.
I love the Opera House, it's a lovely little venue. I'm always up there, I was there only last night actually.
I won't pay that much either. It's the artist who dictates the price though, don't blame the venue, and these tickets range from £55.50 to £109.00.
He's ripping off his fans.

You were robbed !
the gig never went ahead.
some **** from the local council got it pulled because of their name.
nearly 1000 tickets sold, refunds offered but most people kept them as souvenirs.

My tickets for Nick Cave in Manchester were pre sale and only £45.

Bargain in today's usual rip off society.

As an aside, I had a long chat with Nick Cave and Marc Almond when I was standing with them at a Cabaret Volltaire gig in St Albans in the 80s. (Tickets were probably about £4).

Nice bloke Nick Cave. He's about 7ft tall, so you get a sore neck talking to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.