Jeremie Frimpong

It could turn out Frimpong is more suited for Bayer Leverkusen's system than ours. Again it is still worth having closer look but it is with a lot more caution is involved now the rags are apparently interested
They are interested in whoever we are interested. It doesn't mean anything.

I reckon Walker heard about the rumours and wanted to show Pep he can grab assists as well.
Always developing.

Tried something out that works with Walker and any potential replacement. Frimpong is the obvious name but don’t forgot Couto.

I reckon Walker heard about the rumours and wanted to show Pep he can grab assists as well.
I disagree. One of the first thing I noticed was Walker playing as a wingback, with Gvardiol, Ake & Akanji playing as a back three. I think this was more by design, than Walker being worried about our interest in Frimpong.

The tactical shift allowed us to flood the midfield with KDB, Foden, Silva, Kovacic & Rodri rotating behind Julian, who also kept dropping deep which completely befuddled Brighton. The reason for my Haaland comments last night, were that I don't think we could've done the same with the big man playing as he's exclusively used as a point man.

The problem with that is teams have worked out better ways to nullify Erling, hence his perceived issues this season. It's difficult to say, but it has to be said... We're a different team with & without the Viking. With him, the top teams have sussed out how to deal with us. Without him, few teams can handle our fluid rotational movement as evidence against Brighton.

For instance, Bernardo was playing at CDM one minute, & as a No 10 the next, with Julian playing left wing & KDB & Foden rotating between No 9, No 10 & No 8, as well as playing out wide. When one of our attacks broke down, KDB was our deepest midfielder. He received the ball from Ake & strode forward to setup a new attack.

With Walker staying high & wide, & every player moving around, how can the opposition counter this movement, when they don't know which player is supposed to be where & when? Last night was a brilliant return to Manchester City, & with his two assists, Walker showed he's more than a right-sided defensive speedster. It was a brilliant & illuminating night all round & one that poses the question, what to do when the Viking returns?

Don’t think Couto is good enough to be a regular starter for us, but with Gomez likely to be leaving I wonder if Couto could replace him as a squad player? Would force Akanji to cover LB rather than RB. Couto has some flaws to his game but would make a decent squad player for cup games and lower tier sides I think. I view him as a mix of Rico and Cancelo stylistically
Couto's biggest weakness is his small frame and he overcompensates in defence, Vini just ragdolled him across the field in the last Girona v Real Madrid game. but oh man oh man he can dribble and faint opposition players. Frimpong still would be me first choice, we keep Walker and reduce the game time for him, he can't sustain full season playing like these past few years.

Couto's biggest weakness is his small frame and he overcompensates in defence, Vini just ragdolled him across the field in the last Girona v Real Madrid game. but oh man oh man he can dribble and faint opposition players. Frimpong still would be me first choice, we keep Walker and reduce the game time for him, he can't sustain full season playing like these past few years.
My view on him as well. To be fair, Vinicius ragdolls most RBs though. Don’t ever think he’d be first choice here, but I suppose he wouldn’t be a much worse option than Sergio Gomez to have around. Proven himself to be one of the best players for the team that’s 2nd in La Liga, and called up for the Brazilian NT. Only 21 too
Can be a very expensive summer, so it could make some sense to have him around as a backup. If Walker stays for another season AND we sign a RB then no chance for Couto

Given he has a release clause, it's a no brainer

Think he's a bit weak defensively compared to prime Walker, but it's a no beainer given his skillset and age and Walker on his last legs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.