Seat Counters - 2023/24

Tier 5 - 1,967
Tier 2 - 903
Tier 1 - Nil

Total - 2,870.

Strap yourselves in at 1pm.
Good work. This afternoon looks like the peak time for the elite seat counters on here to do their jobs and keep us all abreast as we move towards selling out, and the inevitable shit storm.

What then follows is the many appeals on Facebook tickets groups with stories like "My grandad is coming over from Australia for the final and Ive been 'let down' for a ticket. I need 4 on the half-way line please and grandad wants to come on for the last 5 mins of the game too - help a Blue out please"

Should a new member who joined the cup scheme be given priority over long standing season ticket holders of 25+years? I would say no but I think this is where it's heading.
If the season ticket holder of 25+ years didn’t opt into the scheme and didn’t go to any previous rounds then absolutely yes.

While new season tickets are not available it would be good if the club introduced a scheme where matchday Cityzens could join the cup scheme so they could have priority over people not in the scheme. It seems wrong that someone who has attended every round will lose out on tickets to someone who can’t be arsed with the FA Cup until we’re in the final.
Difficult one isn't it, I've thought about something similar like that myself, but wonder if it would force people to join cup schemes when they don't want to, feels like it could get similar to how the rags operated a while back, almost makes it mandatory to join.

If Cityzens can't get an ST though, how do they get significant points? Maybe STHs who don't join ANY cup scheme should have their seat sold as a cup scheme ST where the member commits to all the matches. This would definitely help reduce tourists at Champions League games and if the original ST has enough points they should be fine still for cup finals.

Curiosity finally got the better of me and I checked mine. Looks like 2,400 points were added in 2008 for something that was tracked six years earlier. Strange.

bd5f19b66d8b7fcadae39e1e3834eebc.jpg
Someone did you a favour at the ticket office, I get the 1,500 bonus dated 01/07/2002, then points carried over from 2001/02 tracking 04/07/2002 which was a max of 270. Maybe the latter was manual and they added an extra digit.

Something probably happened in 2008 like migration of databases.

Someone did you a favour at the ticket office, I get the 1,500 bonus dated 01/07/2002, then points carried over from 2001/02 tracking 04/07/2002 which was a max of 270. Maybe the latter was manual and they added an extra digit.

Something probably happened in 2008 like migration of databases.
Knowing City at the time it was probably when they migrated from a Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet to Excel!

Good work. This afternoon looks like the peak time for the elite seat counters on here to do their jobs and keep us all abreast as we move towards selling out, and the inevitable shit storm.

What then follows is the many appeals on Facebook tickets groups with stories like "My grandad is coming over from Australia for the final and Ive been 'let down' for a ticket. I need 4 on the half-way line please and grandad wants to come on for the last 5 mins of the game too - help a Blue out please"
Thx for the inspiration - gonna copy that part as it might come in handy.

Should a new member who joined the cup scheme be given priority over long standing season ticket holders of 25+years? I would say no but I think this is where it's heading.
I would say yes but thee should be a better points way for non cup scheme members.
The day of season holders getting entry to all home games in league and cup are long gone.
Fans have to move with the times as well.

I understand your frustration. I’ve been in that boat before. I can’t say if it’s a myth or not given it’s largely up to each Branch to set its rules on ticket allocations. The main purpose of the OSC and our Branches is to expand our fan base. That doesn’t work if you only give people on 25k points a chance of a ticket.

The OSC tickets are not part of the points allocation. When it’s a high demand away game I try to reward peole who’ve made the biggest contribution to the Branch. We also have a six month minimum membership requirement For all but very low demand games. We deter piss takers so or example for Instanbul, we only requested 20 tickets out of a Branch of 250 Blues. About a third of membership have got tickets for the Cup Final through the OSC.

I tend to to accept that people who really want to see games will do their best to get tickets. I think I counted 10 ways to try to do that outside the points system including 18-25 allocation, staff tickets, social media forums, Ticket WhattsApp, pull through tickets, corporate allocations etc.

The Supporters Club allocation will have to be stretched further as more members join that should makes it tougher to get tickets. Time will tell. As I’ve posted on this Forum many times, I don’t understand why more Blues don’t join their local OSC Branch.
Just a yes would of been suffice blue ha ha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.