United Thread - 2023/24

Just been watching the 89/90 derby (dont ask) at OT where Brightwell scores.

I had forgotten just how shit their support was at the time. Citys end was packed just as I remember but the sides and the Stretford have massive gaps. Commentator said that the 40k attendance was the lowest for years.

Empty seats my arse you red tw@ts.
Tbf it was e reduced attendance due to us giving them an hiding in the North Stand at the Maine Rd Massacre.
But yeah it was rammed in our end and went mental as his shot hit the net

They have never had likeable players, it makes you wonder if they only buy unlikeable players or if the culture of the club makes them unlikeable. I reckon it is a combination of the two in varying amounts for individuals.
All the current mob would still look like cunts even in our shirt……..

They could have a forward 5 of Sutcliffe, West, Daimler, Hitler and Putin and that'd still be more likeable than the horrible fucking bastards they have playing there now.
Amazing how Stalin is never mentioned alongside Hitler, was another absolute murdering bastard, well worthy of a place in any united starting line up.

Only the victors write history.

Just been watching the 89/90 derby (dont ask) at OT where Brightwell scores.

I had forgotten just how shit their support was at the time. Citys end was packed just as I remember but the sides and the Stretford have massive gaps. Commentator said that the 40k attendance was the lowest for years.

Empty seats my arse you red tw@ts.
I remember this game in the UEFA Cup vs Torpedo Moscow in the early 90s, the attendance was 19,998. They also got 23,368 for a league game vs Wimbledon in 1989

I remember this game in the UEFA Cup vs Torpedo Moscow in the early 90s, the attendance was 19,998. They also got 23,368 for a league game vs Wimbledon in 1989

Yes I remind them of both game when JCLs start talking bolloxs to me. I remember at the time that the Wimbledon actual crowd could have been lower due to season tickets being included but not sure on that one.

They have never had likeable players, it makes you wonder if they only buy unlikeable players or if the culture of the club makes them unlikeable. I reckon it is a combination of the two in varying amounts for individuals.
It is weird how they've always had those types of players isn't it.

And I'm sure it's not just a case of blue tinted specs and personal prejudices, even someone with no football allegiance whatsoever could surely only come to the conclusion that united consistently have the most unlikeable players.. overwhelmingly entitled and arrogant and totally lacking in any level of humility and sportsmanship.

Yes. OK for Run of the mill, relatively low paid staff for whom you can find similar or better quality replacements fairly soon at the same orbless cost.

Utter madness when pretty much all of your critical staff (the players) have contracts that guarantee them insane money for just sitting pretty and fucking around, and when the replacements market is both highly aware of your desperation, and the competitive arena highly sensitive to changes in quality because you are at the elite end.

And when there is a huge cliff on the horizon in terms of performance related revenue (i.e. not qualifying for Europe, sponsorship penalties/reduced negotiating power if they want to renew at all, possible releegation).

They should make a film...Carry On jim.
Infamy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.