A trip down memory lane around Manchester....

Corbieres is still going strong. I always used to worry what a nightmare it would be if there was a fire!

de niro said:
In wagged school an awful lot, spent most of my time in town. Lewis was a haven. On the second floor was a hairdressers and part of it a guy use to rent as a pitch to sell self cutting combs, you just combyou hair with comb with blades and it trimmed your hair. Thing is he needed models so I'd go once a week, he paid sixpence a time. How my mam didn't clock that my hair never needed cutting I'll never know.
My uncle John used to sell these on the Central Pier in Blackpool;me and our kid went home like fucking Telly Savalas after a week of "modelling".

"Cut your own hair. with this thing."

And they have this lethal looking thing, with things down each side and a handle. And of course you buy it, and you go... by golly, the minute it's three feet from your hair a big chunk falls out off the side. 'Cause hair's like that. You know... you've always... the barber's always feels the hair that's dead, as he is cutting your hair. You don't, you just see the result. But when you're actually just chucking away, pfftt, [???] it feels like a massive big lump. "Oh my god". But I'll give you a bit of advice...

So if you buy that thing, and you are going into the bathroom trying it, because you don't want your family to see that you bought it. The normal thing is go "pfft, look at that." and leave it. Throw it immediately in the bin, because the time will come, when you are out with the lads, wherever you have partied, you're bit of pissed. "Yeahhh" Take a [leak???] "Oh, there's that thing. Yeahhh-hey. That'll do me. Blow yours, a doddle, look at that." Arthur Scargill!"

ngu6he.png

BlueBearBoots said:
Oooo you should all post embarrassing photos of what you wore in the day :)

Me in late 1979 .... on right. Part of our then band ...Lad next to me, natural curly hair .... totally bald now lol.

31-05-20121622473.jpg

MCFCTrick said:
BlueBearBoots said:

Me in late 1979 .... on right. Part of our then band ...Lad next to me, natural curly hair .... totally bald now lol.

31-05-20121622473.jpg
There's a picture of me on the back of the M.E.N somewhere looking a bit like you do in that picture, Trick. Except with 90's hair.

Here's one from 1982-3 with proper sken eyes. I loved that sweatshirt [bigimg]http://i59.tinypic.com/2s62djn.jpg[/bigimg]

MCFCTrick said:
BlueBearBoots said:

31-05-20121622473.jpg

Is that Jamie Pollock on the left?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.