Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stuff that Pablo. I must admit as a team we do not naturally draw fouls as we have not had a player like Hazard with his trickery, therefore committing players. Also we do play a very possession based game and move the ball before bring challenged. Its weird take the QPR game, they were fighting for their lives but hardly laid a glove on us. Sometimes I watch us and it feels like a training game. How much of a factor that could be I do not know.

What are the stats for pens for and against? That would be an interesting barometer as that is the easiest way for a ref to directly influence a game.

Interesting stuff that Pablo. I must admit as a team we do not naturally draw fouls as we have not had a player like Hazard with his trickery, therefore committing players. Also we do play a very possession based game and move the ball before bring challenged. Its weird take the QPR game, they were fighting for their lives but hardly laid a glove on us. Sometimes I watch us and it feels like a training game. How much of a factor that could be I do not know.

What are the stats for pens for and against? That would be an interesting barometer as that is the easiest way for a ref to directly influence a game.
Silva gets fouled constantly without getting free kicks. Aguero too to an extent. They mainly stay on their feet though and don't feel the need to do the whole swan dive that Hazard likes.
The fact that we do play the possesion game makes it more suspicious does it not that we give so many free kicks way without receiving them?

Interesting stuff that Pablo. I must admit as a team we do not naturally draw fouls as we have not had a player like Hazard with his trickery, therefore committing players.

Absolute fucking nonsense. We draw fouls, we just don't get as many free kicks. I've lost count of the times I've seen David Silva left in a heap on the floor only for the ref to completely ignore it. Same with Aguero, how many pens should he have had this year?

Lucky there is no agenda then or we would really be in trouble.
Not knowing the Walton history is very suspect.

Yes particularly if you think the world is out to get you. For any rational person they would just think he has forgotten a ref. I even discuss City players sometimes and have completely forgotten about them. Peter Beardsley for example.

Silva gets fouled constantly without getting free kicks. Aguero too to an extent. They mainly stay on their feet though and don't feel the need to do the whole swan dive that Hazard likes.
The fact that we do play the possesion game makes it more suspicious does it not that we give so many free kicks way without receiving them?

I would completely agree Aguero and Silva suffer because of their honesty. Undoubtedly that is the case.

As for the possession thats an interesting one. I can see why we give away quite a few free kicks as part of us having so much possession is by pressing high up the pitch and trying to pinch the ball back early. How often do you see Komps and Zabba committing themselves and pulling at the opposition player? Personally I like the tactic but conceding free kicks is a consequence. As a layman we seem to press more under Pellers so would be interested to know if there is a difference between the Mancini era in relation to free kicks conceded.

Absolute fucking nonsense. We draw fouls, we just don't get as many free kicks. I've lost count of the times I've seen David Silva left in a heap on the floor only for the ref to completely ignore it. Same with Aguero, how many pens should he have had this year?

Be interesting to see the pen stats for and against over the last few seasons?

I’ve posted this before but as the thread has moved on to referees I’ll repeat it now..

This season (2014/2015) City were awarded fewest free kicks in the Premier League and the final figure was lower than any team in the 5 main European leagues. What’s more it wasn’t even marginal and the average number of free kicks awarded per team was nearly 40% higher.

As for our main rivals:

Rags – 32% more free kicks

Arsenal – 40% more

Chelsea – 45% more

Liverpool – 56% more.

So I looked back to 2013/2014 and guess what – the same story. We were awarded fewest free kicks.

Is this something to do with how we play under Pellegrini? So I looked back to Mancini’s last season 2012/2013 and guess what – almost the same story and we were awarded the 2nd fewest free kicks.

I can’t think of any reason why this should be. Something stinks.
This deserves to be reposted on every page.

I'm not saying there is some evil conspiracy but the statistics speak for themselves.

Mike Riley heads the Ref Association and he has made alarming comments about favouring United and feeling intimidated by them. Mark Halsey also said that Riley would drill the refs at their weekly meeting that the Prem is a product so be careful with your cards etc. Halsey also said Bacon chops was in telephone contact with refs. You're a dimwit if you think everyone is playing by the rules

You're a dimwit if you think everyone is playing by the rules

It depends what you think "the rules" are.

The premier league is a commercial product and its success benefits all of those that are in and around it. Including the media.

As a global product the premier league has a dependency on a strong and successful rags. Promoting a negative position against the rags potentially undermines the success of the global premier league product.

The rules are to ensure the success of the premier league product, to the benefit of everyone in and around it.

I would completely agree Aguero and Silva suffer because of their honesty. Undoubtedly that is the case.

As for the possession thats an interesting one. I can see why we give away quite a few free kicks as part of us having so much possession is by pressing high up the pitch and trying to pinch the ball back early. How often do you see Komps and Zabba committing themselves and pulling at the opposition player? Personally I like the tactic but conceding free kicks is a consequence. As a layman we seem to press more under Pellers so would be interested to know if there is a difference between the Mancini era in relation to free kicks conceded.
I've not got many complaints about the free kicks we give away, like you say we tend to be on the front foot defensively and often end up fouling when the balls gone. We also give away a silly amount from the wide positions, Kolorov and Clichy are terrible for it. It's the ones we don't get that concerns me.

Just for information I have had a look at the pen stats since the 2010 season.

In comparison to our main rivals of Arsenal, Chelsea, Pool, Utd we have received more than any of those clubs and conceded less than any of those clubs (along with Chelsea).

Our pen record for and against is plus 24 in our favour, chelsea plus 22, pool plus 16, utd plus 15 and then incredibly Arsenal minus 3.

The Arsenal stat has completely thrown me. For them bases on there attacking style, possession and position season after season its quite incredible that they concede more prns than they receive.

The info was from football facts website. Feel free to check as I am not immune to making mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.