Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we pay £50m!

This is a big deal for Liverpool. Perception is everything to a club who even compete with United for bullshit narrative and revisionism.

This deal represents the acceptance of their standing in the grander scheme of things, the fork in the road, the sobering reality of a club who forgot that history only keeps you warm at night for so long.

They will hold out for the full asking IMO, simply because they need to prolong the delusions of grandeur for a couple more years yet.
It really does make you wonder what we are trying to achieve with this approach.

Henry is known for not budging on the fee he wants.

The facts will be that after weeks of negotiating we still had to pay what they wanted in the end.

It really does make you wonder what we are trying to achieve with this approach.

The facts will be that after weeks of negotiating we still had to pay what they wanted in the end.

Providing we don't miss out on signing him, I don't see the issue. I'd imagine every club doesn't just go straight in and match the asking price. We'd be foolish not to at least try and get him for a lower fee.

I hope you're right. I just worry that clubs have cottoned on to our shortage of 'home-grown' players and I fear that we could be getting held to ransom.

Why do you "worry",what do you "fear".....will it have an effect on your life what City pay for a player?.....chill out mate.
If we want a certain player,then IMO we will pay the "ransom" if that's what it takes.

For all we know, they could both just be getting some other business done before completing it, each for their own reasons. Nobody knows apart from those directly involved.

That's true. Maybe both parties are relaxed about it because there's already an agreement in place so are busy prioritising other deals that still require a lot of work.

What approach ?

You obviously know the details, so tell us all how it should be done.

For example, you think we should start at 50 million ?

If the reported 29 mil for Firminho is correct (slightly older, unproven in the prem) and QPR get 20% of the total fee, I suppose you can't blame them for trying to squeeze as much out of the deal as they can. It will get done tho, I have no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.