Joe Hart & Xabier Mancisidor (Goalkeeping coach)

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

A lot of people both fans and pundits have made comments referring to Joe Harts recent decline in ability, after the league winning side of 2011/12 Joe looked immense, he knew when to collect crosses and corners, he timed his closing down Schmeichel esq and commanded his area really well, the season after his confidence was shot and some allege rumours of him taking a dislike to Mancini was a main vocal point of his dip in performance's on the pitch!
Manuel steps in and brings in this new Goalkeeping coach Mancisidor whom he had at Madrid and Malaga, all of a sudden we see this Joe Hart that punches instead of collecting the ball, a Joe Hart who's positioning on set pieces is questionable at times, his general positioning being on his right hand side leaving his left wide open, the occasional fumble and mistimed/early closing down....

Now maybe Mancisidor isn't to blame for these peculiar developments in Joe Harts game but I did tend to notice the time he (Mancisidor) was at Madrid was roughly when Casillas started making ill time judgements and his game started taking the turn for the worse, punching the ball when he should collect, positioning faults and stupid runs off his line... I was always adamant that Hart's training had changed compared to when Mancini was here and just stumbling on this (coincidental?) fact just made me think if what he's been trained/told to do is the best thing for him as going back 4 years instead of improving his game it's declined, although shot stopping and reflexes are the only things that haven't eluded him.

A lot of people both fans and pundits have made comments referring to Joe Harts recent decline in ability, after the league winning side of 2011/12 Joe looked immense, he knew when to collect crosses and corners, he timed his closing down Schmeichel esq and commanded his area really well, the season after his confidence was shot and some allege rumours of him taking a dislike to Mancini was a main vocal point of his dip in performance's on the pitch!
Manuel steps in and brings in this new Goalkeeping coach Mancisidor whom he had at Madrid and Malaga, all of a sudden we see this Joe Hart that punches instead of collecting the ball, a Joe Hart who's positioning on set pieces is questionable at times, his general positioning being on his right hand side leaving his left wide open, the occasional fumble and mistimed/early closing down....

Now maybe Mancisidor isn't to blame for these peculiar developments in Joe Harts game but I did tend to notice the time he (Mancisidor) was at Madrid was roughly when Casillas started making ill time judgements and his game started taking the turn for the worse, punching the ball when he should collect, positioning faults and stupid runs off his line... I was always adamant that Hart's training had changed compared to when Mancini was here and just stumbling on this (coincidental?) fact just made me think if what he's been trained/told to do is the best thing for him as going back 4 years instead of improving his game it's declined, although shot stopping and reflexes are the only things that haven't eluded him.

Golden glove winner 4 out of the last 6 years (more than anyone).....enough said

Personally I feel that Joe has done exceptionally well to maintain and even improve, certainly his consistency.

I've not heard any fans or pundits having a go at him for a good 10 months, displays like barca and that save towards the end of the season show he is top quality.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me. Solid, often spectacular. Distribution has improved. Ok, decision making can be iffy but you can say that of many goalies nowadays if you study then for a few games.

Would not trade him for any other keeper in the world personally. Maybe Neuer is better, but isnt a clear cut one. Joe is one of the top keepers in the world, sure a few were talking about brinjng in someone like Begovic two seasons back, but hopefully his progress and sheer mental willpower to come back from a poor run shows he is the man for us between the sticks.

Knowing how bad our defense was last year its amazing Joe won golden glove. That shows how great keeper he is. I recently watched his season highlights, that video really highlights how little help he had, now I have nightmares about our defenders too.

There is nothing wrong with our current goalkeeping coach's training methods. Mourinho brought in a Mancisidor trained goalkeeper to challenge Casillas when he was in decline at Real and Barcelona's current first choice had also been trained.

Think some people got the wrong idea of what I mean, I wouldn't replace Joe Hart at all don't get me wrong, I do feel as though some aspects of his game have got worse though, corners, free-kicks, decision making and general positioning.... I feel as though his training is encouraging him to make rash decisions like punching the ball away or coming off his line more often, there's been times where a corner has come in straight at Hart and a catch would have been the easiest option but times I've seen him still opt for the punch away. There's also been times when lack of communication between defender and keeper but I'm not sure who's fault that is!
The Nastastic scenario vs Chelsea is a prime example, Hart runs off his line shouts to Nasty to leave it, Nasty disobeys keepers order and heads the ball over Hart leaving it for Torres to walk it in, Nasty is in the wrong for not leaving it but also Hart running 15-20 yards off his line is extreme. I use this (even though it happened awhile back) as an example because Nasty was the one forever dropped by Pellers indicating that this was most likely something worked on as Hart would have most likely been dropped as well (although he was a few weeks later for numerous mistakes)

Like I said this isn't a "let's replace Hart" thread, I agree that he's still our number 1 but there's no denying that some aspects of his game have gotten worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.