Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maligned by far too many on this forum, he has been a great part of our recent history.
Some people here really need to get a grip on reality.
Has scored some vital goals for us and has always conducted himself impeccably.
Will be ideally suited to serie A and glad he won't come back to haunt us in the PL.
Thank you for the memories Edin and all the best.
This++

Wish him all the best. Never forget his 4 goals at Spurs, in the early days.
Always want him to do well, even if watching Bosnia. He was a City player
and although not at the races last season, i still hoped he would improve.
Will still want him to do well at Roma.

Needs to be the main man for a club for him to shine properly. Not the hardest worker by any means and can't hold the ball up well but scored some great and important goals.Will go down as one of the important players of our recent history. Wish him good luck with Roma, the pace of the game should suit him well.

I won't miss his sulking and half arsed performances on the pitch but I do thank him for the important goals he scored for us over the years.

Staggered by the critics on this thread.

His goal at Notts County that kept us in the competition that we ended up winning.
His equalizer against QPR.
His brace at Everton which won us the game and in my opinion the title that year.
Our opening goal in our next home game against Villa after failing to break them down for 60 minutes.
And his 4 goals at Spurs in his 1st year at the club.
He didn't fuck of playing golf somewhere for 6 months and take the club for a ride.
He didn't cause shit on the training ground.
He didn't get his agent to bad mouth the club over a fucking birthday cake.
He was a very decent player for us that without his contributions we wouldn't of won what we have done over the past 5 years.

Edin Dzeko take a bow.

Top top post and some very salient points. I was given pelters a few months ago on here for saying Dzeko should be viewed as a City legend with what he has given to the club. Rosler, Quinn and Morrison can only dream of being half as good as him yet they're deemed to be all time favourites. Maybe not Quinn with his anti City stance.

I'm with all those who have praised the lad for his contribution rather than letting frustration at his poor performances somehow convince us he is less of a player. On his day he is unplayable, the 4 goal performance at Spurs will forever be burned in my brain as one of my favourite games/individual performances.

That being said, the time is right for him to move on and I wish him nothing but the best, we couldnt have done a lot of what we have done without him.

Some of the comments on this thread are nothing short of pathetic!

Edin Džeko will go down in our history as one of the most important players during this period of our history. There is no doubt that we wouldn't have won the title in 2013/14 if it wasn't for Edin's goals. The header at Goodison Park is one of the best I've ever seen, along with the one at White Hart Lane in the previous title-winning season.

His penchant for scoring against the Trafford filth will also never be forgotten.

71 goals in 4 1/2 seasons is no mean feat for a second-choice forward and I expect Edin Džeko to be inducted into the Manchester City Hall of Fame within a few years.

Why didn't he acknowlege the fans after the last game of the season, instead of sloping around with his hands in his pockets, that did my head in.

Some great memories, and a lot of poor ones as well.

Good luck for the future Edin, but after last season the time is right for you to move on thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.