Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to miss his miserable face and slumped shoulders after those first touches in games that escaped him like a wild boar getting out of the grasps of a wolf. And the proceeding two weeks of poor games. And then him not celebrating goals properly when he did pop up with one in runs of games like this.

I, we, will be missing those goals he scored that when he as in a good mood and feeling confident as they were frequent and often important.

But overall I don't think we can afford to have players with such a meek personality. A fragile soul who you don't know whether will be sulking or 'on it' from one stretch of games to the next.

Thanks for the goals and the half decent chant, good luck in the future.
basically this

Farewell, thank you and good luck.

Could have at least made an effort on what turned out to be his send off though, will not miss his moods.

All the best Edin lad. Inconsistent yes but he delivered over several seasons at vital times. The equalizer in the cup away at Notts County in 2011 with time running out, the only goal at Wigan in 2012, the goals on both run ins when we won the PL (especially 2013-14) and the 4 v Spurs at WHL. The goals at the Swamp in the sick swan and the 3-0. Probably the right time for him to go. Farewell to the Bosnian Diamond.
Well said. What I wanted to say.

Edin's autobiography will have some of the most fascinating material in any sports bio ever. Naturally, it should be called 'Son of Sarajevo'.

Never been his biggest fan but selling him for 14m when we bought Fernando for 12m, and basically sold Garcia and Rodwell for the same price, is a sad joke

Never been his biggest fan but selling him for 14m when we bought Fernando for 12m, and basically sold Garcia and Rodwell for the same price, is a sad joke

Whilst there are a lot of positives to Edin's contributions, you have to factor in his appalling return last season, his erratic moods, the buying club being Italian and Dzeko soon to be turning 30. Good business considering it's obvious to everyone that he's not part of our plans.

Thanks for the (few) moments Edin - QPR equaliser top of the lot - but you could have been so much better!

Thanks for the (few) moments Edin - QPR equaliser top of the lot - but you could have been so much better!

Sadly, Edin is going to have a marmite reaction from the fans. The post above shows the importance of the his contribution. When on his A game he was worth the place in the team and his celebrations demonstrated his love of the club. However, his need to be loved, lack of game time affected his attitude. I think he is a quality player and would continue to bang them in if he played in the right team for the right manager - Imagine what his record would be in say the BFS Bolton team. It didn't help that Pellegrini wants a fluid passing team. I am not convinced that Bony will fare much better.

Staggered by the critics on this thread.

His goal at Notts County that kept us in the competition that we ended up winning.
His equalizer against QPR.
His brace at Everton which won us the game and in my opinion the title that year.
Our opening goal in our next home game against Villa after failing to break them down for 60 minutes.
And his 4 goals at Spurs in his 1st year at the club.
He didn't fuck of playing golf somewhere for 6 months and take the club for a ride.
He didn't cause shit on the training ground.
He didn't get his agent to bad mouth the club over a fucking birthday cake.
He was a very decent player for us that without his contributions we wouldn't of won what we have done over the past 5 years.

Edin Dzeko take a bow.

Staggered by the critics on this thread.

His goal at Notts County that kept us in the competition that we ended up winning.
His equalizer against QPR.
His brace at Everton which won us the game and in my opinion the title that year.
Our opening goal in our next home game against Villa after failing to break them down for 60 minutes.
And his 4 goals at Spurs in his 1st year at the club.
He didn't fuck of playing golf somewhere for 6 months and take the club for a ride.
He didn't cause shit on the training ground.
He didn't get his agent to bad mouth the club over a fucking birthday cake.
He was a very decent player for us that without his contributions we wouldn't of won what we have done over the past 5 years.

Edin Dzeko take a bow.

+1

Not to mention all his goals against the Rags!

Could have been a world beater..could still be if he has a team built around him and he is the main man..good luck edin..you made history here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.