Post counts

Ric

Administrator
I've started this thread just to stop other topics getting derailed.

You may recall there was a thread a while ago about how we can improve things on the forum, and one of the things that came up a few times was removing post counts. It was felt that it served no real purpose, and that members with low post counts were often treated with suspicion and accused of being wums.

As such I removed post counts yesterday whilst doing some routine maintenance on the site. It seems some people have strong opinions on this, so thought it'd be useful to start a new topic. I've no real preference on this either way (although the rag/wum accusations to new posters is starting to grate and needs to be addressed), so am happy to see what the consensus is.

I should point out that you can still see a user's post count by clicking on their username. It's just not displayed by default next to their posts.

Last edited:
Exactly. That's the behaviour that removing them is designed to stop.
What purpose do they have?

Rightly or wrongly, I tend to use them to sort the wood from the chaff. Maybe others have their own reasons
Sorry to continue off topic, but I'm sure this will have its own thread soon, but if I want to sell my spare tickets as I often have, I want to see whether the respondents have credibility before I deal with them.

Getting rid of people's post counts was a bad idea IMO. Don't really know where else to put it as I can't find a thread on the subject. Just this morning, I started trying to catch up on this thread as I don't recognise half the usernames in here (which I guess is understandable), but quite frankly, it's impossible to know which opinions to take seriously and which ones to 'keep an eye on' to see how their posts develop.

I guess it's really easy to say "well just take everyone at face value" but quite frankly that'd involve me labelling half the posters on here cunts as a starting point and then moving forward from there.

On De Bruyne, patience is a virtue. We'll get him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.